Imagine New Horizons...
Dassault Systèmes, the 3DEXPERIENCE Company, provides businesses and people with virtual universes to imagine sustainable innovations. Serving over 250,000 clients in 11 industries, from high-tech to life sciences, fashion to transportation, we help businesses and people around the world to create sustainable innovations for today and tomorrow
Our SOLIDWORKS team has an immediate opening for a Technical Support Engineer. This position can be in Waltham, MA or one of our many other office locations throughout the US.
Shape your career with 3DS! #WeAre3DS
What will your role be?
- As a Technical Support Engineer, you will provide technical support to resellers and end users of our Computer Aided Design CAD products.
- You will provide this support using a positive and interactive approach via the phone, email, or internet correspondence.
- Diagnose and solve a range of issues, including, but not limited to: software deployment, installation & setup, general 3D modeling, mechanical engineering application specific usage, and hardware related software issues
The challenges ahead:
- Provide resolution to technical support issues in a professional and timely manner
- Develop workarounds and operating techniques when needed and communicate them to customers and resellers
- Work cross-functionally with the Development, Quality Assurance, and Product Definition groups to investigate and resolve problems
- Conduct webinars/support training to the reseller support staff to enhance their support skill set
- Develop and implement web based support including knowledge base articles, technical and operational techniques, and technical documentation
Your key success factors:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required with a preferred focus in engineering
- Strong English communication skills discovered through strong writing skills and verbally clear, concise, and grammatically correct oral communication
- 6+ years of experience in an equivalent Technical Support role or as a Mechanical Designer along with strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Experience with data analysis
- Strong customer service and relationship skills when providing technical support through the phone, email, or internet correspondence
- Positive, self-motivated individual with a high level of enthusiasm and willingness to learn and incorporate coaching and instructions into daily tasks and assignments
- Highly organized with critical attention to details
- Strong functional use of Microsoft Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and knowledge of Access or SQL
Pluses, not required
- Experience working with Solidworks
- Solidworks CSWP Certification
- Experience teaching how to use a software application
- At least one additional language other than English, such as (but not limited to), French, Spanish, Portuguese, Turkish, German, Italian, Russian, Korean, Japanese, Mandarin, etc
Compensation & Benefits
Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match (50 cents on the dollar, up to the first 8% of your eligible compensation that you contribute based on match eligibility criteria), flexible time off policy, and 9 paid holidays.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Company requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for a medical, religious or state-required accommodation or otherwise exempt consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons. Definition of full-vaccination: Employees are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.