Imagine new horizons...
BIOVIA, a Dassault Systèmes digital solutions brand, provides global collaborative product lifecycle experiences for organizations and industries that rely on scientific innovation for competitiveness. BIOVIA’s leading scientific enterprise software solutions enable scientific innovation at the world’s leading pharmaceutical, biotechnology, chemical, and petroleum companies.
We are seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager to manage the delivery of strategic R&D software projects, tracking cross-portfolio activities towards key business milestones as we continue evolving our cloud-based software solutions for our scientific customers. This position is internal and based in San Diego, CA.
What will your role be?
In this role, you will be partnering with our global R&D Product & Software Engineering groups, coordinating cross-team initiatives, managing project dependencies and risks, leveraging technical and project management skills including Scaled Agile practices to achieve business milestones.
You will present program and project progress, risks and mitigations to the senior R&D leadership team. Your expertise managing delivery for enterprise scale projects, technical background to understand scaled cloud software solutions, strong communication skills and ability to understand and influence others, and positive problem solving skills are keys to success in this role.
The challenges ahead
- Direct the implementation of enterprise cloud software solutions throughout the entire project lifecycle
- Work closely with Portfolio Managers, Architects, Engineering Managers and Technical Team Leads within BIOVIA R&D and across the DS organization to project manage implementation details including resourcing, dependencies and risks to create achievable project timelines.
- Track team progress against deliverables, maintain alignment and partner with stakeholders to develop recovery plans where needed.
- Leverage Scaled Agile with strong scrum agile practices within a predictable delivery model.
- Lead internal process improvement of business practices and procedures
- Identify and work with appropriate team to assure successful project completion
- Identify and diagnose project issues, problem-solving first and escalating as far as necessary
Your key success factors?
- Excellent communicator who enjoys working directly with product management, software engineers, quality engineers, and others to ensure understanding of project goals and ensure team alignment
- Strong technical understanding of complex and distributed software development and deployment models, SDLC processes and controls and relevant cloud and cybersecurity topics
- Effective communicator, clearly conveying the objectives, project tasks, progress and risks for cross-portfolio projects across a diverse global R&D group
- Bachelors’ degree in life science or computer science or equivalent experience
- Minimum 8 years’ of experience in software project management, with at least 3 years of experience managing enterprise scaled programs.
- PMP, Scrum Master, Six Sigma strategic project, and SAFe certifications are a plus.
- Expertise using project management tools, querying and analyzing data, and adaptability to new cloud tools for project management tracking and communication.
- Previous experience directly leading software engineering or software project managers is a plus.
- Demonstrated skills in managing software implementation lifecycles, including the project budget and scope while developing internal strong relationships
- Highly organized with critical attention to details
- Ability to work independently and/or within a collaborative team structure
Compensation & Benefits
Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match (50 cents on the dollar, up to the first 8% of your eligible compensation that you contribute based on match eligibility criteria), flexible time off policy, and 9 paid holidays.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.