Imagine new horizons:
- SPATIAL, a provider of industry leading 3D modeling and interoperability SDKs, is a part of DASSAULT SYSTEMES. With more than 35 years of 3D modeling experience and partnerships with over 400+ customers; SPATIAL’s technology powers some of the most innovative 3D applications in the industry.
- Join the Spatial team, which is currently in a hyper-growth mode here at DASSAULT SYSTEMES, to develop and enhance cutting edge 3D modeling SDKs for the engineering industry.
- SPATIAL has an immediate opening in Broomfield, Colorado for a highly skilled Software Engineer with a strong Computer Science background and preferably with knowledge of Mechanical Engineering principles. This is a hybrid position that permits onsite flexibility. Applicants should have experience working on very technical software development teams and the ability to solve tough problems that require innovative solutions. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, appreciates aggressive goals and has a desire-to-win attitude.
What will your role be?
- In this role you will be a part of the team developing the nextgen components of Spatial’s 3D InterOp
- You will be working with the flagship product of Spatial
- You will most certainly increase your knowledge base of the industry as well as technical verticals and SWE development techniques and languages
- You will work with team members and customers to define clear requirements
- In this role you will have the opportunity to put your development tool kit to use to help define and shape the future of Spatial
The challenges ahead
- Find creative and innovative solutions to real-world commercial software problems
- Ensure all project goals are met, including coding, testing and documentation.
- Communicating with local and remote team members, appropriate stakeholders and customers as needed.
Your key success factors?
- Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science or similar technical disciplines (professional work experience can be considered in lieu of)
- 10+ years of overall experience in software development
- 2+ years of experience developing with an object-oriented programming language
- Strong object-oriented design and software architecture skills required
- Demonstrated success working with very large codebases
- Proficiency with source control, memory leak detection, performance analysis and similar tools
- Ability to diagnose and fix system-level issues and problematic complex code logic
- Advanced knowledge of command line tools and scripting languages (e.g. grep, awk, sh, Perl, Python)
- Comfortable with communicating across all levels of an organization
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Fluency in multiple programming languages (C++ preferred)
- Development experience on non-Windows platforms
- Understanding of multithreaded and multiprocessing application development
- Exposure to cloud-based and mobile application development
- Familiarity with applied CAD/CAM/CAE tools
- Experience with data translators
Compensation for this role will be commensurate with experience. The total expected compensation range will be between $130,000 - $180,000 representing the base salary (or annualized salary based on estimated hourly compensation) and target bonus
Compensation & Benefits
Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match (50 cents on the dollar, up to the first 8% of your eligible compensation that you contribute based on match eligibility criteria), flexible time off policy, and 9 paid holidays.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Company requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for a medical, religious or state-required accommodation or otherwise exempt consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons. Definition of full-vaccination: Employees are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.