Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
We’re looking for a Seasoned Software Engineer to be part of our Research & Development (R&D) org. Our R&D department has been making amazing strides towards how new medicines are identified and developed by our clients (BioTechs and Pharmaceuticals for example) via Machine Learning & AI. This Sr. Software Engineer will assist in building new products (from ideation on). In addition, participate in maintaining and devising new features for existing products like for example:
- MEDS Perform/ Edge Study Feasibility: This is an intelligence and analytics product giving our clients better decision making capabilities.
- Rave Omics: This is a product which helps detect diseases via the analysis of signals derived from Human DNA.
- Synthetic Control Arms: Often times identifying a clinical trial patient population is a challenge and this product is used to ID patient populations which are hard to find.
- Be the technical leader/SME for technical of products. Design the architecture, build the solution
- Interact with internal stakeholders such as product managers and scientists
- Work with other engineers and technical members on implementation, integration and other development areas
- Have strong product awareness skills and be able to translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Development of application, data and deployment routines in a rapidly changing environment
- Create scalable, consumable, performant web applications geared towards an SOA environment
- Suggests/ Identifies appropriate tools/technologies as needed to use for solution implementation
- Take pride in code quality and deliverables
Your Education & Experience:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of related experience in software engineering; or an advanced degree with 3 years of experience; or equivalent work experience
- Basic understanding of data analysis techniques
- Familiarity with AWS stack with some familiarity in deployments, containerized applications and containers (specifically Docker)
- Basic knowledge of rapid application development or agile processes as well as source / revision control
- Experience working in a collaborative environment that includes working heavily with scientists and statisticians and/ or productization of research from other scientific teams
- Excellent communications, both written and verbal, and able to communicate ideas concisely and clearly to the team and stakeholders in a professional manner
- Excellent ability to convey technical concepts in a non-technical manner
- Experience designing and developing with web API patterns and protocol like REST, GraphQL
- Experience with web and services application security
- Experience with designing, developing and deploying applications and services in cloud platforms preferably AWS
- Experience designing, developing with serverless technologies like AWS lambda
- Experience designing and developing data pipelines and data driven services as well as ETL solutions using modern cloud data solutions
- Clojure Experience is a plus
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for an accommodation as determined by Medidata, consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship on Medidata due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Company requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for a medical, religious or state-required accommodation or otherwise exempt consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons. Definition of full-vaccination: Employees are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.