Senior Software Engineer- Solid Works
Imagine new horizons...
Do you have dreams? Do you enjoy a challenge? Here at DASSAULT SYSTEMES, we empower people with passion to change the world. Let us open new horizons together with the power of 3DEXPERIENCE virtual universe!
What will your role be?
Deliver World Class Brand Apps, Services, and Technologies creating emotions & value to end-users, enabling Roles. Continuously improve deliveries based on usage and user feedbacks
The challenges ahead
- Specify the software system:
- Define and describe Functional behavior, limitations and Acceptance Tests of capabilities to deliver (What)
- Design and specify How capabilities will be implemented:
- Select algorithms, theories or technologies that will be used.
- Plan appropriate user interface.
- Identify and manage dependencies with other components.
- Document these selections in a PES (Product Enhancement Specification Document) and in a DES (Design Enhancement Specification Document)
- Develop and Validate new functionalities described in PES:
- Code, compile and run unit tests according to Implement processes and Metrics (KPIs), as part of the development pipeline
- Check the progress of dependencies with other components.
- Ensure knowledge sharing within the team about the developments.
- Work towards development convergence:
- Improve code quality up to the Last Build, to reach the defined quality metrics (component metrics, product metrics …)
- As soon as the Software is deployed, track usage metrics and user feedbacks to continuously and proactively improve the solutions
- Regularly assess Metrics and Customers feedbacks to identify areas for code quality or software performances improvement.
- Perform lessons learned and RCA to identify Root Causes of severe issues and propose Improvements actions to prevent such type of issues in the future (trainings, tools, process, operations)
- Resolve quality issues (backlog management): Resolution of incidents reports (IRs) reported by the Technical Customer Success or by Product QA teams
Technological intelligence: - Keep abreast of the latest technological developments, understand the requirements of our development partners, know about competing products, look ahead for future products, technologies, languages, etc.
Your Key Success Factors:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer Science or any other related fields.
- Minimum 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Leadership to challenge the Status Quo
- User and Customer focus
- Peer cooperation
- Effective Communication
- Knowledge & Know-How Management
- Time and Priority Management
- Transversal project Management
- Programming Languages: C++ , MQL, Java-Script, HTML5, UWA, Java/J2EE, Java, Modelica
- Programming Object (JPO)
- Database: DB2, NuoDB, My SQL, Oracle, SQL Server
- R&D methods, process & tools
- Continuous Development / Deployment practices
- Software architecture
- Web App development
- Mobile App development
- Cloud Services development
- Software Security
- Software Performance
- User experience - Ergonomy
Additional Skills & Experiences:
- Data modeling (incl RDF)
- 3DEXPERIENCE Architecture
- Running 3DS People Processes & Tools
- OpenModelica, Arduino
- Exposure to simulation Environments
Compensation & Benefits
Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match (50 cents on the dollar, up to the first 8% of your eligible compensation that you contribute based on match eligibility criteria), flexible time off policy, and 9 paid holidays.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.