Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
Within the Medidata Patient Cloud organization, our team is responsible for developing myMedidata, a cutting-edge product that enables patients to participate in clinical research from their own homes using personal computers and mobile devices (laptops, tablets, smart phones). Using our approach of Patient Centricity by Design, we strive to create the best user experience for participants in clinical research, so that they can be more engaged in the process. Our web applications leverage the power and scalability of the Medidata Clinical Cloud without exposing patients and other stake holders (investigators and study sponsors) to their underlying complexity.
Who we’re looking for
We are seeking a leader who is able to keep a small team moving, developing working software at the fastest pace of virtually anywhere in the Medidata R&D organization. We provide a start-up like environment but with all the support of a established technology company. The ideal candidate should have had practical experience leading a team and mentoring application engineers while also having the willingness to take on the admittedly less glamorous, but necessary, aspects of management.
- Understand user requirements and design capabilities in order to deliver best in class experiences
- Propose relevant enhancements by understanding user behavior (data analytics and probes study)
- Understand the portfolio plans, committed values, and position new developments in this context
- Understand competitive products landscape in the scope of their work
- Learn and stay at the state of the art on software development practices, technologies
- Analyze code usage metrics to identify areas for code quality or software performances improvements
- Learn and promote component re-use
- Design new components for re-use in collaboration with architects
- Define and describe functional behavior, limitations and acceptance tests of capabilities to deliver
- Design operable software (such as validation check on 0% downtime, code upgrade compatibility)
- Select best algorithms or technologies to use.
- Perform feasibility study (prototype, POC) to validate
- Technology / components proposal with Architects
- User experience proposal with user experience Designer
- Validate software architecture with Architects (Systems Architect, Service/App/Techno Architect, Engineering Architect), respecting architecture Standards / Patterns
- Engineer minimalist and relevant dependencies.
- Submit unmet technical needs to Systems Architect and Service/App / Techno Architects for resolution
- Plan development activities, compliant with Release and Service version gates, and enabling all criteria to be respected, including:
- Data Privacy,
- Delivery of enablers for test automation
- Capability for software introspection at runtime
- Execute software development plan respecting defined plan, quality criteria and accurately documented:
- Code, build and run unit tests
- Deliver unit test and enablers for Quality Engineer to automate their testing (collaboration with Quality Engineers and Quality Engineering Manager)
- Deliver components that will enable introspection at runtime (for debugging, monitoring)
- Ensure developed source code reaches PCS, Security and Data Privacy criteria
- Monitor progress of implementation of dependencies on other components and escalate in case of risk
- Perform Code Review to continuously improve existing code to make it lean
- Deliver code usage probes
- Deliver health and usage probes
- Support integration and deployment of delivered software
- Ensure 24x7 running services collaborating with Cloud Run Operators
- Solve incidents reports (IRs) reported by the User Success Engineers and Quality Engineers
- Perform RCA (Root Cause Analysis) upon request; Propose and execute CAPA (Corrective Actions and Preventive Actions) to continuously improve development methodologies and deliveries.
- Share knowledge within and outside the team on produced developments and technical components
Comply with related R&D processes & Meet the Key Activity & Performance Indicators.
Medidata requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for an accommodation as determined by Medidata, consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship on Medidata due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
- People with experience in coding (UX, web, cloud, algorithms, industry processes…)
- People with modern development skills (web, cloud…)
- Bachelor's Degree with 8-10 years of relevant experience
- emergent technologies
- Web analytics
[Define & Plan]
- Engineering principles
- Cloud technologies
- Software Engineering
- ICT software specifications
- Software design methodologies
- Unified modelling language
- Semantic Modeling inc. RDF/RDFS/OWL
- Driving Innovation
- 3DS R&D Methods & Means
- Prototyping development
- Computer programming
- Levels of software testing
- Software anomalies
- Integrated development environment software
- Tools for software configuration management
- Security Testing methodologies & tools
- Decision support systems
- Software metrics
- Apply Change Management
- Continuous improvement philosophies
- Risk Management
- Project Management
- Solving Problems
- Self Development
- Leveraging Diversity
- Planning and Organizing
- Time Management
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.