Imagine New Horizons
Do you want to be inspired and enjoy coming to work? At Dassault Systèmes, we empower our employees and support their passion to change the world and create the future. Let’s design new horizons together with the power of 3DEXPERIENCE virtual universes! Shape your career with 3DS!
The Challenges Ahead
This is an exciting team to be a part of where your main responsibility will be the protection of Dassault Systemes Intellectual Property within the North American territory. As the License Compliance Investigator, you will resolve licensing non-compliance and infringement of 3DS software intellectual property (IP) with external organizations. You will create and drive strategies for the 3DS anti-piracy and compliance programs, as well as define strategies via innovative and constantly evolving technology tools and investigative techniques.
*Please note this position can be based anywhere in the United States.
What will your role be?
- Develop, investigate, and manage the leads derived from information provided by internal/external sources.
- Drive those leads singly or in partnership with the Customer Value Engagement (CVE) sales teams, and to ultimately drive compensation to resolve non-compliance.
- Investigate those organizations/individuals engaged in the illegal use of unlicensed or illegal DS software products
- Primarily Focus on the major 3DS Accounts in the Customer Solutions Experience team and Life Sciences accounts
- Interact with Sales, Legal, and Contracts team on cases
- Drive engagement with customers using tailored strategies and methods for negotiating the resolution of :
- Unauthorized use of 3DS software
- Re-establish customer’s compliance
- Engage non-compliant / infringing parties with well-prepared evidence and negotiate settlements that include past use and new licensing if needed going forward
Your Key Success Factors
- Conferred Bachelor’s degree; STEM-related concentration preferred
- 10+ years of relevant experience in License Compliance or a Sales role that required a focus on analytical and investigative activities as well as negotiation experience with customers
- Software sales experience preferred
- Technical and 3DS Product Knowledge ideal
- Knowledge of Software Licensing/Contracts required
- Knowledge of Corporate legal activities including settlement agreements
- Ability to negotiate with C-level customers
- Compliance with legal regulations
- Great oral and written communication skills in English
- Good analytical skills and problem-solving approach
- Self-Starter able to drive business strategies with little oversight
Compensation & Benefits
Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match (50 cents on the dollar, up to the first 8% of your eligible compensation that you contribute based on match eligibility criteria), flexible time off policy, and 9 paid holidays.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Company requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for a medical, religious or state-required accommodation or otherwise exempt consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons. Definition of full-vaccination: Employees are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.