Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
As Senior Director, Finance Business Intelligence you will be managing a dynamic team of data analysts to own the methodologies, architecture, processes, and technologies around creating analytics and insight from our source financial data. You will partner closely with the Finance leadership team to drive insights that support critical business initiatives. You will also be part of a community of BI professionals around Medidata from Sales, HR, and other functions. This is a people leadership role, and you will be reporting directly to the SVP, Finance Operations and Pricing.
- Build a world class Finance data and BI ecosystem that starts with strong underlying data and results in clear and compelling action-oriented insights for a broad set of executive and team users
- Partner with Finance leaders to identify and deliver on opportunities to support critical initiatives through robust analyses and dashboards, ranging from pricing to revenue accounting to procurement, and pulls on multiple internal and external data sources.
- Lead a team of data analysts and foster their development through coaching and continuous feedback.
- Develop and run a methodology for developing and launching new analytics dashboards
- Lead Finance analytics projects by obtaining key partner buy-in, developing requirements, building, testing and change management
- Provide guidance and leadership to Finance team on best-in-class analytics practices and tools, including data model, data governance and reporting excellence
- Serve as an active voice in the broader Medidata community of Data and BI experts and identify with them opportunities for streamlined analytics across functions
- Serve as a people leader in Medidata Finance to build on the culture of support for each other, enthusiasm for our business and focus on our customers.
Your Education and Experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required
- 10-15 years years of experience in Business Intelligence or Data, Technology or Project Management
- Experience providing consultative support for executives and Finance teams, translating business goals into analytics solutions, including providing data for all levels of the organization
- Consulting experience a plus
- Advanced skills in MS Office, including PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience with SQL, Tableau, and/or other related reporting and analytic tools\
- Experience with Salesforce, Workday, and Adaptive a plus
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, both as a leader of teams and as a leader of projects
- Demonstrated experience handling confidential information and critical business processes
- Expertise in developing and automating dashboards and key-metrics
- Sound judgment when working through complex issues
- Ability to analyze, problem solve, and clearly communicate observations and recommendations
- Executive presence with a business mindset
- A track record as a trusted business partner to senior executives
- Experience developing and managing a successful, high-performing team
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and communicate at all levels of the organization
- Clear, concise communications – writing, verbal presentation to all levels of technical and non-technical audiences.
The salary range posted below refers only to positions that will be physically based in New York City. As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location. Pay ranges for candidates in locations other than New York City, may differ based on the local market data in that region. The base salary pay range for this position is $157,500 - $210,000.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission on the terms of applicable plan documents, and many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Medidata believes that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and provides best-in-class benefits, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance; 401(k) matching; unlimited paid time off; and 10 paid holidays per year.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.