Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
Medidata's Sensor Cloud team is building capabilities in ingesting and analyzing physiological data collected from wearable sensors and remote devices. This platform hosts embedded analytics that correlate validated biometrics and algorithm outputs to traditional clinical assessments, enabling the discovery of novel biomarkers and digital endpoints.
As the Senior Data Scientist you lead the development of Sensor Cloud's analytics capabilities, taking data from a variety of sources, developing models and delivering outputs. You will develop algorithms that run on our Sensor Cloud analytics platform. You are comfortable presenting work externally and passionate about discovering insights from longitudinal physiological data from sensors, and will individually contribute the following:
- Participate in study design to ensure data set meets modeling needs, i.e. ground truth, and fit for purpose devices are selected
- Analyze diverse set of physiological data from multiple sources
- Prepare, clean, and filter sensor and clinical data for post processing
- Develop algorithmic models, enhance existing algorithms
- Evaluate algorithm performance and lead verification and validation testing
- Build models for data aggregation and clinical data correlation analysis
- Directly contribute to the discovery of new digital biomarkers, provide evidence, models, and supporting documentation
- Develop data visualization concepts and implementation method
- Manage tool and methods to store and analyze data
- Author algorithm specification documents, performance evaluations, white papers and support regulatory process
- collaborate with software development to translate algorithm code and insights into product assets
- PhD in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or quantitative discipline or relevant experience
- 15+ years experience with physiological sensor signals, processing, and analysis
- Experience working in medical technology, knowledge in biology, medicine, or pharma
- Clinical research knowledge or worked in a regulated environment
- Proficient in Python, Matlab
- Profound experience analyzing physiological sensor signals (from sensors and wearable devices), time and frequency domain signal processing
- Profound knowledge of statistical and mathematical methods
- Experience with AI, machine learning algorithms and tools
- Experience with Python tools: Django/Flask, SciPy/Sklearn, numPy/Pandas
- Familiarity in setting up and using Agile software development, revision control, Collaboration and build tools such as JIRA, Jenkins, Git
- Familiarity working in AWS and Spark
As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location.
- The salary range for positions that will be physically based in the NYC Metro Area is $157,500 to $210,000.
- The salary range for positions that will be physically based in the California Bay Area is $166,500 to $222,000 .
- The salary range for positions that will be physically based in the Boston Metro Area is $155,250 to $207,000 .
- The salary range for positions that will be physically based in Texas or Ohio is $138,750 to $185,000.
- The salary range for positions that will be physically based in all other locations within the United States is $141,000 to $188,000.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission on the terms of applicable plan documents, and many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Medidata believes that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and provides best-in-class benefits, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance; 401(k) matching; unlimited paid time off; and 10 paid holidays per year.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Company requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for a medical, religious or state-required accommodation or otherwise exempt consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons. Definition of full-vaccination: Employees are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.