Imagine New Horizons…
BIOVIA, a Dassault Systèmes digital solutions brand, provides global collaborative product lifecycle experiences for organizations and industries that rely on scientific innovation for competitiveness. BIOVIA’s scientific solutions allow customers to discover, design, develop, optimize, and deliver sustainable innovations to harmonize product, nature, and life.
BIOVIA solutions are helping more than thousands of companies globally in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, energy, chemicals, aerospace, consumer packaged goods, and industrial products industries to enhance innovation, increase productivity, improve quality and compliance, reduce costs and accelerate time to market.
BIOVIA has an immediate opening for a Senior Computational Medicinal Chemist with a passion for drug discovery. This person can be located in any of our US-based offices or fully remote can be considered as well.
What will your role be?
- This role will bring creativity and solid medicinal chemistry knowledge from the drug discovery field to apply our innovative computational modeling and simulation capabilities to deliver solution for our customer’s business critical scientific challenges
- We are seeking a talented and motivated medicinal/computational chemist to apply our in-house computational modeling and simulations capabilities to facilitate small molecule drug discovery projects
The challenges ahead….
- Utilize our in-house computational modeling and machine learning tools to assess synthetic accessibility and prioritize clinically relevant compounds for synthesis
- Write scientific proposals for contract research projects addressing the specific challenges of the customers including clear executive summary, scope of work, milestones with detailed deliverables, and timeline
- Provide regular updates to the customer and effectively communicate key scientific insights relevant to the customer problem
- This is a customer-focused role and will require travel and/or posting at customer’s site both domestically and internationally, up to 50% of the time
Your Key Success Factors?
- A MS with 10+ years or PhD with 7+ years of experience in synthetic organic chemistry, medicinal chemistry, or a related discipline
- The candidate must have a solid understanding of the drug discovery process and familiarity with adjacent scientific disciplines such as target biology, ADME, formulation, drug safety etc. to drive projects
- A proven scientific track record demonstrated by means such as peer reviewed publications, patents, and presentations
- Exposure to computational molecular modeling tools
- Attentive, highly organized and excellent analytical skills
- Team player with an ability to operate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong focus on Customer Service
- Previous experience with Pipeline Pilot and Discovery Studio
- Applied knowledge of cheminformatics, machine learning and statistical analysis
- Familiarity with scientific scripting and data analytics
Compensation & Benefits
Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match (50 cents on the dollar, up to the first 8% of your eligible compensation that you contribute based on match eligibility criteria), flexible time off policy, and 9 paid holidays.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.