Imagine new horizons...
At Dassault Systèmes, we empower our employees and support their passion to change the world and build the future. Let’s design new horizons together with the power of 3DEXPERIENCE virtual universes!
What will your role be?
The Senior 3D Artist creates photo-realistic assets for an image or sequence of images and deliver to the client’s expectations. Senior 3D Artist work as a mentoring and supporting role to fellow Artists, Tech Leads, Production Supervisors and Art Directors. Senior 3D Artists possess an advanced level of knowledge when it comes to rendering of CG elements for live-action footage or still plates.
The challenges ahead…
- To handle any 3D tasks required such as modeling, rigging, texturing, lighting and rendering with a heavy focus on photo-real lighting in both studio and environmental backplates
- At times artists may be asked to learn proprietary systems or new software
- Teaching production procedures and defining future innovation
- Collaborate with fellow artists and art directors to create a visual style that will resonate with the target audience
- Triaging issues that arise in production and communicating those issues to the Tech Lead
- Attend client reviews and accommodate changes/updates as requested
- Able to QC your own work as well as others, diagnose and fix issues, and support asset hand off to other departments
- Able to work in a fast paced environment with little to no supervision
- Other duties as required
Your key success factors?
- Bachelor's degree in digital media, animation, engineering or related equivalent experience
- At least two years of professional experience in the industry working with blueprints/Unreal Engine
- Three or more years of professional game, entertainment, animation/visual effects experience
- Strong Autodesk Maya, or similar, skills to translate assets into Unreal Engine
- Utilize and interpret Unreal Engine blueprints and sequencer tools
- Implement object/camera animations, stage elements and events in multiple environments
- Solid understanding of lighting, particle systems, post-processes, material setup and general workflows inside Unreal Engine
- Ability to model, unwrap/texture and animate in Autodesk Maya or similar
- Desire to work independently and meet strict deadlines
- Seamlessly translate 2D designs to high fidelity 3D content for development implementation
- Employ a systematic approach to solving large, complex design challenges
- Problem solve and determine out-of-the-box solutions for complex technical requirements
- Leverage passion for emerging technologies, new interaction models, product design, and excellence in visual design
- Work within a fluid creative design environment while adhering to timeline and engineering frameworks
- Strong collaboration, communication, and organization skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience in storyboarding and storytelling is a plus
- In-depth knowledge of the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Excellent communication, multi-tasking and prioritizing skills
- Previous automotive experience is a plus
- Proven creative work experience in digital product design solutions or related field
- Knowledge of C++ within an Unreal Engine environment is a plus
- Knowledge of creative best practices for automotive (e.g. understands preferred angles, how to frame product features.
Compensation & Benefits
Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match (50 cents on the dollar, up to the first 8% of your eligible compensation that you contribute based on match eligibility criteria), flexible time off policy, and 9 paid holidays.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Company requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for a medical, religious or state-required accommodation or otherwise exempt consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons. Definition of full-vaccination: Employees are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.