Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
This position reports to the Director of Sales Tools & Technology within the Sales/Business Operations department of Medidata Solutions Inc, A Dassault Systemes Company. The Salesforce Technical Lead/Developer will be responsible for partnering with our Product Owners, Business SMEs, and Stakeholders to architect and deliver on key program initiatives. They will work closely with Medidata analysts to translate requirements into Salesforce technology solutions that support the company’s strategic goal as well as implementation of approved solutions.
- Develop Apex (classes and triggers), Lightning Components, and Visualforce to extend Salesforce in order to support business requirements
- Application development, including basic Visualforce pages/Lightning pages, Lightning Web Components
- Assist with each release cycle to implement and deploy new/updates to existing applications and code
- Designing and implementing interfaces and APIs utilizing web services and Apex code
- Create and maintain workflows, approval processes, and validation rules based on internal stakeholder requirements
- Participate in the design of data integration to connect Salesforce.com and other systems
- Interface with vendor partners and design optimal solutions for integration with Salesforce.com
- Research new releases of Salesforce.com and understand how they impact our organization
- Data manipulation and import and export data using Data Loader
- Maintenance and creation of Product Hierarchy, CPQ Products/Bundle, and Price Lists
- Configuration of Product Rules Configuration Attributes / Pricing Rules
- Maintenance of appropriate CPQ security model leveraging Role Hierarchy, Profiles, Permission Set, Permission Set Groups, and Sharing Rules
- Contribute to technical documentation
- Other responsibilities or projects assigned by manager
Your Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent relevant work experience
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience working with Salesforce.com as a developer lead
- Minimum 1 year experience participating in Salesforce architecture design
- Strong background in Salesforce API development
- Salesforce Certifications in Platform App Building, Cloud/Consultant preferred
- Expertise in Salesforce.com best practices and governance standards
- Thorough understanding of Salesforce.com platform out-of-the-box functionality and configuration
- Ability to balance platform declarative configuration with programmatic development (Apex, Components, etc)
- Proficient in declarative Salesforce platform development including but not limited to: Reports, Dashboards, Custom Object/Fields, Validation Rules, Flow, Page Layout, Flexipage, Experience Cloud, Apex, Lightning Components
- Experience deploying product configuration data records from org to org
- Proficient in Google Docs & Sheets
- Highly motivated, excels in a team environment, innovative individual able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Results-oriented, timeliness, attention to detail and accuracy
As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in the NYC Metro Area is $96,000- $128,000.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in the California Bay Area is $101,250- $135,000.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in the Boston Metro Area is $94,500- $126,000.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in Texas or Ohio is $84,375- $112,500.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in all other locations within the United States is $85,500- $114,000.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission on the terms of applicable plan documents, and many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Medidata believes that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and provides best-in-class benefits, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance; 401(k) matching; unlimited paid time off (subject to management discretion); and 10 paid holidays per year.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Company requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for a medical, religious or state-required accommodation or otherwise exempt consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons. Definition of full-vaccination: Employees are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.