Imagine New Horizons
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com
What will your job be?
- Design and build scalable infrastructure and platform to ingest, store and process very large amounts of data (structured, semi-structured, and unstructured), including streaming and real-time into the cloud-based data lake
- Build best-in-class ETL/ELT-based solutions for effective data ingestion and transformation
- Collaborate with the various technical, platform, and product development teams on using various AWS services.
- Work closely with the IT and the platform team to deliver technical solutions. This includes end-to-end data orchestration, data layering, data governance, metadata management, and data cataloging
- Experience with all things data, including data wrangling, aggregation, summarization, and analysis
- Collaborate with the various data source teams, both internal and external(Snowflake, Sumo, Salesforce, cloud, etc.) on effective strategies for data
The Challenges ahead
- Supports building analytic capabilities to drive growth, efficiencies, and automation across a large SaaS technology and development organization. Work with key stakeholders to help drive.
- Improvements throughout Strategic Analytics & Insights. Lead analytic initiatives, evaluate opportunities, drive business Insights and recommend actions.
- The ETL Engineer will utilize their strong functional business expertise and technical competencies to identify, evaluate and implement solutions cost-effectively, scalable, and flexibly to meet the enterprise’s cross-functional business needs. The candidate will play a key hands-on role on the Analytics team and partner with Product teams, Enterprise Architects, Infrastructure Engineering, Scrum Masters, Business Partners, and external service providers to identify and execute future capabilities and influence strategies to enhance the Data platform. This role will work on next-generation data platform services and processes that support Business to Business (B2B) applications. The role is expected to challenge the teams to think differently to achieve desired business outcomes and foster a culture of quality.