Imagine new horizons.
Do you have dreams? Do you enjoy challenges? Here at Dassault Systèmes, we empower people with passion to change the world.
Help us reimagine PowerACOUSTICS, a world leader in solving acoustical design challenges through simulation.
The software you build will help engineers and scientists solve acoustics-related product design challenges: for instance, making cars, planes, or HVAC systems quieter than ever before. There will be a consistent emphasis on usability and on facilitating automation, to make design optimization incredibly fast and powerful.
Please note: this is a role for a principal software engineer. Expert C++ skills are required, as is broad experience building commercial software.
The challenges ahead
- Rewrite the core of PowerACOUSTICS to enable new capabilities.
- Ensure that every new capability you deliver is functionally correct, easy to use, performant, reliable and maintainable.
- Accommodate customer needs and implementation concerns.
- Work effectively in a small team.
Your key success factors
- A solid grounding in computer science, including object-oriented design, algorithms, design patterns, refactoring, distributed systems, and testing.
- Expert C++ programming skills (at least C++11, and STL).
- Demonstrated experience in the development of complex commercial software systems.
- Intellectual curiosity. Regardless of your background, you enjoy the opportunity to continually learn new technologies and problem domains.
Bonus points for experience with:
- Large legacy code bases
- GUI design and development (especially with Qt)
- Multi-platform development (Linux, Windows and cloud)
- Cross-product integrations
- Parallelizing algorithms and code
Compensation & Benefits
Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match (50 cents on the dollar, up to the first 8% of your eligible compensation that you contribute based on match eligibility criteria), flexible time off policy, and 9 paid holidays.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Company requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for a medical, religious or state-required accommodation or otherwise exempt consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons. Definition of full-vaccination: Employees are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.