Imagine New Horizons…
Dassault Systèmes – a global innovator in simulation-driven engineering, and #19 on Forbes’ 2021 list of “World’s Best Employers” – is seeking a Principal Software Engineer to work on PowerACOUSTICS, a cutting-edge product for solving acoustical design challenges through simulation.
What will your role be?
You will work in a small, collaborative team that is reimagining PowerACOUSTICS. We are based on the beautiful Dassault Systèmes Waltham campus, but are continuing to work in a hybrid model.
We’re looking for a very strong C++ developer who has broad experience building commercial software. The tasks will be diverse and interesting.
The software you build will help engineers and scientists solve acoustics-related product design challenges: for instance, making cars, planes, or HVAC systems quieter than ever before. There will be a consistent emphasis on usability and on facilitating automation, to make design optimization incredibly fast and powerful. The role requires collaborating effectively within the team, with other teams in the PowerFLOW organization and with domain experts (especially acoustic engineers).
The challenges ahead:
- Be willing to leave your comfort zone, and grow your own skills.
- Ensure that every new capability you deliver is functionally correct, easy to use, performant, reliable and maintainable.
- Accommodate customer needs and implementation concerns.
- Work effectively in a small team. Communicate clearly. Work collaboratively or autonomously as the situation requires. Don’t be shy about asking questions, and don’t wait too long before applying your own problem-solving skills. Be organized. Manage your time effectively.
Your Success Key Factors:
- Demonstrated experience in the development of complex commercial software systems.
- Modern C++ programming skills (at least C++11, and STL).
- A solid grounding in computer science, including object-oriented design, algorithms, design patterns, refactoring, distributed systems, and testing.
- Intellectual curiosity. Regardless of your background, you enjoy the opportunity to continually learn new technologies and problem domains.
Valuable additional skills and experience:
- Graphical User Interface design and development experience, preferably using a high-level toolkit such as Qt or MFC.
- Comfort with both Linux and Windows.
- Experience working with a large legacy code base, refactoring code and creating tests to avoid breaking it.
- Experience with cross-product integrations.
- Experience parallelizing algorithms and code.
- Familiarity with signal processing or other numerical analysis techniques.
- Familiarity with Python.
- Familiarity with 3D modeling and rendering.
- Previous exposure to fluid dynamics.
- Previous exposure to cloud environments like AWS.
Compensation & Benefits
Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match (50 cents on the dollar, up to the first 8% of your eligible compensation that you contribute based on match eligibility criteria), flexible time off policy, and 9 paid holidays.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.