Imagine new horizons…
Do you want to be inspired and enjoy coming to work? At Dassault Systèmes, we empower our employees and support their passion to change the world and create the future. Let’s design new horizons together with the power of 3DEXPERIENCE virtual universes!
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer to develop our growing suite of cloud-based, scientific Electronic Laboratory Notebook (ELN) and Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) software.
What will your role be?
As a Principal, you will provide thought leadership by evaluating technology and industry trends in order to identify opportunities for providing value to our customers. We are looking for someone who is capable of recruiting and leading a team of software developers using state-of-the-art, cloud-based technologies and modern, Agile development practices.
The challenge ahead:
- Interacting with product domain experts and PhD-level scientific end users to translate end user requirements into system capabilities and best-in-class user experiences
- Keeping up to date on the competitive landscape in order to improve our system's competitive position in the market
- Knowing and applying Microservice and cloud development good practices to design highly scalable, robust, high-performing cloud software
- Understanding and apply DevOps and Agile principles for software development
- Designing and developing high-quality, well-engineered software using patterns and technologies appropriate for the task
- Engaging in continual professional development by keeping current on state-of-the-art technologies and their potential application to the scientific domains served by our systems
Your key success factors:
- Senior- or principal-level experience as a software developer or hands-on development manager providing cloud-based solutions
- Understanding and experience with the appropriate use of software design methodologies and patterns such as SOLID, Gang of Four, and Domain-Driven Design
- Experience with modern software development methodologies such as Scrum and Lean
- Proficiency in Agile engineering practices such as Test-Driven Development, Refactoring and Pair Programming
- Deep knowledge of object-oriented languages such as Java, C++, or C#
- Experience with commercial ELN or LIMS software
- Experience delivering software for use in Good Laboratory Practice or Good Manufacturing Practice (GxP) environments
- Understanding of emergent technologies such as
- Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Ontologies and Semantic Search
- Knowledge Graphs
- Lab of the Future
- Knowledge of security testing methodologies and tools
- Team Leadership, including
- Building a team of high-quality engineers
- Mentoring engineers and fostering an environment of continual professional development
Compensation & Benefits
Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match (50 cents on the dollar, up to the first 8% of your eligible compensation that you contribute based on match eligibility criteria), flexible time off policy, and 9 paid holidays.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Company requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for a medical, religious or state-required accommodation or otherwise exempt consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons. Definition of full-vaccination: Employees are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.