Imagine new horizons...
The PowerFLOW team at SIMULIA is seeking a Principal Software Engineer with a proven track record to contribute to the development of the PowerFLOW simulator, SIMULIA's flagship CFD solver.
You enjoy a challenge?
Here at Dassault Systèmes, we empower people with passion to change the world. Let’s open new horizons together with the power of 3DEXPERIENCE virtual universes!
What will your role be?
As a senior member of the PowerFLOW simulator development team, you will be developing CFD technology that is revolutionizing the way engineers employ fluids simulation in product design. The team is responsible for extending PowerFLOW to enable new application areas, implementing new physics models and algorithms, adding a variety of new features, and enhancing the performance and scalability of the simulator. The simulator is routinely used in production on parallel systems with hundreds and sometimes thousands of processors, and as such, parallelism is a constant theme as new features are added. There is also a GPU version of the simulator under development. This is a highly visible, key position in SIMULIA's software development organization offering the opportunity for significant leadership and impact.
The PowerFLOW simulator is a unique hybrid of Lattice Boltzmann technology and conventional PDE solvers. The ideal candidate should have some experience with Lattice Boltzmann technology, extensive experience delivering successful software development projects, and extensive experience developing CAE solvers.
We are looking for a software engineer who is an extremely strong developer and strong technical leader, as well as a good collaborator who can work closely with other developers and various domain experts. To be successful in this position, you must be comfortable operating at a technical leadership, project management, and hands-on level.
The challenges ahead
- Work closely with the product management team and domain experts to define the technical details of new functionality
- Produce functional and technical designs that balance customer needs and implementation concerns
- Own the design and development of projects from beginning to end
- Implement new simulator features and help maintain/evolve existing functionality
- Ensure that every new capability you deliver is robust and performant
- Project management: manage schedules, milestones, delivery dates
- Work with QA to ensure that the software is thoroughly tested
Your Key Success Factors?
- Demonstrated experience delivering successful software development projects
- Experience with CFD/CAE solver development
- Experience with parallel processing
- Strong technical leadership skills
- Intellectual curiosity. If you don’t enjoy developing an understanding of new technologies and problem domains, this isn’t the job for you.
- MS or PhD in Engineering or equivalent
- Excellent C++ programming skills
- Experience designing and developing complex commercial software systems
- Solid grounding in computer science
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills; Able to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Strong problem-solving skills
Compensation & Benefits
Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match (50 cents on the dollar, up to the first 8% of your eligible compensation that you contribute based on match eligibility criteria), flexible time off policy, and 9 paid holidays.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.