Imagine new horizons...
At Dassault Systèmes, we empower our employees and support their passion to change the world and build the future. Let’s design new horizons together with the power of 3DEXPERIENCE virtual universes!
What will your role be?
You will be a member of the PowerFLOW Studio team. Our primary focus is the Studio extensions to PowerINSIGHT, our multi-run optimization and analysis tool. This high visibility feature set consolidates PowerFLOW’s pre-processing, post-processing, and run submission/monitoring tools into one integrated environment with a focus on multi-run exploration and design optimization studies. The Studio extensions also provide a platform for future additions to PowerFLOW’s technology portfolio. The ideal candidate will have experience with design and architecture of multi-component software applications, and the drive and intuitive ability to make outstanding decisions.
The challenges ahead…
We’re in the early stages of designing and implementing this rich feature set which will facilitate a variety of new, major capabilities in PowerINSIGHT, including data visualization, both desktop and web interfaces, cloud support, database access, remote job execution, support for design optimization studies, and job management controls. In these projects, a particular emphasis will be placed on usability (intuitive controls and user workflow), performance (CPU & memory usage, file I/O, etc.), and extensibility.
Dassault Systemes’s work environment is informal, collaborative, and supportive of individual growth in talent and leadership. As part of our small development team, you will:
- Be responsible for the design and implementation of new product features as well as the maintenance of existing functionality.
- Make significant contributions to PowerFLOW Studio from day one and expected to take ownership of various portions of the product.
- Coordinate the input of a variety of domain experts (for example, aerodynamicists) as design considerations, so technical communication and comprehension skills are very important.
- Produce functional and technical designs, which effectively balance customer needs and implementation considerations, so a clearheaded and methodical approach to problem solving is also very important.
- Provide technical leadership to other developers on the team.
Your key success factors?
You should possess most of the following:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related discipline
- 5 - 10 years’ experience designing and developing complex commercial software systems
- Excellent C++ programming skills and familiarity with STL
- Solid grounding in computer science theory
- Intellectual curiosity. Regardless of your background, you will encounter new technologies and problem domains here. A natural curiosity is a great asset in this environment.
- Experience designing and implementing graphical user interfaces using a high-level toolkit (ideally Qt) on Windows and/or Linux
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills; Able to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Strong problem-solving skills; ability to thrive in a fast-paced, challenging environment; strong desire to learn.
Experience with one or more is a plus:
- Usability concerns as they apply to user interface design
- Python scripting language
- Interest and experience in Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- General Computer Aided Engineering and Design (CAE and CAD) familiarity
Compensation & Benefits
Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match (50 cents on the dollar, up to the first 8% of your eligible compensation that you contribute based on match eligibility criteria), flexible time off policy, and 9 paid holidays.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Company requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for a medical, religious or state-required accommodation or otherwise exempt consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons. Definition of full-vaccination: Employees are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.