Imagine new horizons:
From consulting through workflow to final assets, 3DEXCITE transforms engineering data into interactive content for mobile, AR, VR, MR, POS, ATL & BTL marketing and for all points in-between; we call it engineered excitement - https://www.3dexcite.com/en/
3DEXPERIENCE TWIN is a cross-geo department that creates digital twins. These digital twins support several virtual experiences during the whole product life-cycle. The department defines and promotes a CAD management method called UDM (universal Data Model), a standardized but always improving set of rules implemented globally.
The Pipeline Technical Director position will be in our Royal Oak, MI office with our 3DExcite team. The 3DEXCITE Software Services Expert (Pipline TD) works on designing, developing, and implementing new software tools, techniques and processes for use in third-party and in-house systems, and across multiple projects and departments, as well as providing guidance and collaboration to the extended global team as needed.
What will your role be?
- Work closely with the production teams and Development Managers to learn production requirements and priority; design and build tools to maintain and advance the production pipeline; tools will be created using both custom and third-party Python APIs, including those applicable to Shotgrid and Ftrack, industry-standard DCC applications, and/or 3DEXCITE proprietary software
- Work with department representatives to develop tools, techniques and automated solutions to achieve specific project goals; integrate these solutions into the wider pipeline, where possible
- Troubleshoot and fix critical production issues at all stages of production, enabling a seamless end-to-end workflow and process
The Challenges Ahead
- Keep up on current technology trends and tools both hardware and software; evaluate and advocate for the adoption of new techniques or tools where relevant
- Create necessary technical documentation in support of programming and design activities such as release notes, code comments, use cases, and training materials.
- Assist with the development and delivery of technical training on new applications and application updates.
- Participate in design, design reviews, coding, code reviews, unit testing, and configuration/release management
Your Key Success Factors
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering and/or Graphics field is desirable
- 3+ years production experience writing custom tools using Python and developing custom applications and automation for new or existing pipelines
- Fluent in Python
- Must be capable of independent design for high complexity Component or Module
- Familiarity with code management and deployment systems (Git, Rez, Pip, etc)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows environments
- Experience working with databases and production/asset management solutions such as Shotgrid or FTrack
- Experience working with render farm management systems; Deadline highly desired
- General understanding of CGI technology, theory and practice
- In-depth knowledge of Qt, PySide and a good UI design sense
- Must have the willingness and ability to drive solutions to completion
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Maintain and update existing pipeline tools
“Compensation for the role will be commensurate with experience. The total expected compensation range will be between $110,000.00 and $115,000.00, representing the base salary (or annualized salary based on estimated hourly compensation) and target bonus”
Compensation & Benefits
Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match (50 cents on the dollar, up to the first 8% of your eligible compensation that you contribute based on match eligibility criteria), flexible time off policy, and 9 paid holidays.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Company requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for a medical, religious or state-required accommodation or otherwise exempt consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons. Definition of full-vaccination: Employees are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.