Imagine new horizon
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
What will be your role?
- Full accountability for release planning: management of project timelines, scope and milestones for one or more projects. Manage the complete Software Development Lifecycle.
- Ensures that the Product Team delivers against schedule, scope, resource/cost, and quality targets using the Agile/Scrum SDLC.
- Responsible for product release coordination. Ensures smooth collaboration among extended team members for each product release including Engineering, Product, Testing, Tech. Content Strategy, Knowledge Mgmt, Global Compliance, Service Delivery, Sales, Marketing, Reporting, and the Executives team.
- Responsible for Risk Management. Anticipate and manage risks, publish a product team risk register, proactively communicate risks/issues to management in a timely manner, and offer creative solutions.
- Responsible for publishing and maintaining project plans, schedules, issues lists, status reports, and meeting agendas with action items.
- Responsible for maintaining up-to-date, basic, working knowledge of core products which his/her assigned product team is working on.
- Ensure standardized processes are established across software development lifecycle and release management.
- Perform Scrum Master functions: schedules and leads the release planning, sprint planning, retrospectives, backlog grooming and daily scrum activities.
- Ensure the product team has capacity to execute within each sprint. APM will resolve capacity and resource issues in collaboration with the Solution Lead(s).
- Leads product teams in adopting Agile / Scrum methodology via training and coaching. APM will encourage self-organized teams, but is accountable for Agile usage.
- Whenever possible, APM will work on-site, rather than working remotely (e.g., from home), at his/her supervisor’s discretion. Exception: APM is designated a “remote
Your challenges ahead.
As an Agile Project Manager, you should be working on a challenging and collaborative work environment to utilize your
- Scrum skills to setup processes, conduct agile ceremonies and day-to-day tracking
- Project Management skills to actively work with RAID aspects and stakeholder management
- Release Management skills to implement releases to pre-prod and prod env
Key success Factor:
- Minimum of 5 years of Agile development cycle and/or 3 years of project management experience is required
- Minimum of 2 years of project management experience in Mobile apps development.
- Previous project experience in managing technology intense application projects.
- Background in applying rigorous project management practices preferred
- A history of successfully delivering commercial software products on-time, on-budget with the agreed upon scope preferred
- Experience with implementing large scale systems a plus
Bachelor of Engineering degree in computer science (or equivalent) or a Master’s degree
- Scrum & SAFe processes
- PMI certification (for example, PMP or PMI ACP, or PRINCE 2) a plus
- Background in a regulated environment a plus
- Experience working within an Agile/Scrum SDLC preferred.
- Proficiency with Jira Agile, Confluence, GoogleDocs a plus
- Good understanding of GIT-Hub