Imagine new horizons:
BIOVIA, a wholly owned subsidiary of Dassault Systèmes, supports industries and organizations that rely on scientific innovation to differentiate themselves. Our customer base includes the world’s largest pharmaceutical, biotechnology, biologics, medical device and contract manufacturing/research organizations.
BIOVIA seeks a Technical Support Manager with proven enterprise software and client liaison experience for its life sciences software solutions. Our industry-leading enterprise software provides a broad and flexible platform optimized to integrate the diversity of science and connect your leading innovators and makers. Our 2,000+ customers include the world’s leading Pharmaceutical, Biotech, and Chemical companies and our implementations add value to Research, Development, CMC Tech Transfer, and Quality and Production groups.
What will your role be?
The Technical Support Manager will be responsible for leading a team of technical support engineers, ensuring timely and effective resolution of customer issues. They will drive the business forward by creating stronger relationships, ensuring a smooth customer onboarding experience, proactively managing escalations, and creating operational efficiency.
The challenges ahead
- Managing and mentoring a geographically dispersed software support team who provide post-sales technical assistance to our North American-based and potentially WW clients, ensuring targeted performance standards are achieved or exceeded
- Managing complex customer escalations to resolution
- Ensuring effective collaboration between the technical support team and other departments within BIOVIA to identify and resolve issues
- Continuously improving the skills and knowledge of the technical support team through training and development
- Monitoring and reporting on technical support metrics, including customer satisfaction, ticket resolution time, and ticket backlog
- Identifying areas for process improvement and implementing changes to increase efficiency and effectiveness
- Identifying and managing risks, flagging major issues early
- Developing and maintaining a deep understanding of the BIOVIA product portfolio, including scientific informatics, laboratory informatics, and materials science software solutions
Your key success factors
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field preferred
- Experience with providing technical support on complex, enterprise software solutions
- Experience with enterprise software technologies: Oracle, System Administration/Security, IIS/Webservers
- Knowledge of life science R&D and the implications of informatics technologies in this space would be would be beneficial
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including, mentoring, coaching, presentation skills and the ability to interact with colleagues at all technical levels
- Ability to communicate with and understand the requirements of professional staff in area of specialty and communicate these requirements to technical staff
- Effective and productive collaborator to drive cross-functional initiatives
- Empathy, humility and listening skills
Compensation for the role will be commensurate with experience. The total expected compensation range will be between $108,000 and $124,000 representing the base salary (or annualized salary based on estimated hourly compensation) and target bonus.
Compensation & Benefits
Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match (50 cents on the dollar, up to the first 8% of your eligible compensation that you contribute based on match eligibility criteria), flexible time off policy, and 10 paid holidays.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.