Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
The Medidata Manager Implementation Consulting manages the Implementation Consulting team for the assigned market segment within our Professional Services organisation
- Develop / maintain / refine technology adoption framework offerings.
- Participate in pre-sales cycle for prospective technology adoption clients to customize offerings based upon best practices.
- Interview and hire full-time resources as well as maintain job descriptions based upon approved business plan.
- Coach and develop Implementation Consulting staff and maintain a highly effective and strong team.
- Conduct regular one-on-one and career development meetings with all direct reports.
- Lead or facilitate department staff meetings.
- Define annual departmental/individual staff goals and conduct performance appraisals.
- Provide guidance, leadership and training to staff on best practice/business process development and maintenance.
- Provide guidance and best practices to Implementation Services staff to increase and maintain technology adoption levels through organization.
- Serve as an example/role model to staff on technical, professional and business acumen skills.
- Actively participate in all sales channels to assist in consulting leadership for prospective clients.
- Collaborate with Medidata Partners lead to ensure Partner Technology adoption is in sync with Sponsor framework.
- Ensure that adequate technical documentation/reference materials are created and maintained within Professional Services.
- Participate in customer meetings in a consultative manner in support of Knowledge Transfer and customer-side business process change, as customers begin adoption of Medidata software.
- Collaborate with Medidata University / Global Operational Excellence to develop and deliver training materials on company processes and best practice to sponsors for Work Streams
- Work with management to provide input on strategic direction for the OE group, team needs and support requirements.
- Provide periodic departmental updates to Management.
- Provide departmental metrics to the Director.
- Review project timelines, allocate resources and resolve project/priority conflicts.
- Responsible for team client facing utilization
- Promote strategic vision across all Medidata processes, focusing on Technology Adoption.
- Participate / Chair lessons learned on all Technology Adoption projects to allow for formal review of delivered knowledge and adoption by sponsors.
- Serves as first point of escalation for issues within team
- Responsible for team execution, delivery and quality
- Knowledge of Clinical Trial processes, specifically as they relate to data collection, management, and preparation for statistical analysis
- Ability to deliver training/workshops both internally and to customers.
- Ability to identify/highlight issues and brainstorm solutions
- Displays appropriate manager skill level to perform management functions with little guidance
- Ability to strategize about direction of the larger team
- Ability to mentor new Associate Managers
- Strong understanding of data management plans/customer specifications for data entry screens, edit checks, custom reports and data integrations
- Ability to work with technical R&D staff and translate new software features into real world examples
- Solid analytical and technical skills with regard to software applications
- Strong collaboration and team-building skills
- Self-motivating, able to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelors or Masters degree, or equivalent experience
- Proven line management experience with direct, formal supervisory responsibilities including performance reviews, hiring, mentoring/coaching, etc.
- Experience working in a regulated, documented environment preferred
- Relevant experience working with clinical trials in a data management-related role, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience implementing business process improvement initiatives and managing processes with continuous improvement approach
- SME level experience in industry and/or with the Medidata platform preferred
MDSOL Europe Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability.