Imagine New Horizons…
BIOVIA, a Dassault Systèmes digital solutions brand, provides global collaborative product lifecycle experiences for organizations and industries that rely on scientific innovation for competitiveness. BIOVIA’s leading scientific enterprise software solutions enable scientific innovation at the world’s leading pharmaceutical, biotechnology, chemical, and petroleum companies.
We’re looking to add to our fast-paced, cross-functional team within Dassault Systèmes BIOVIA working in the dynamic field of computer vision and deep learning, where we build and integrate tools for imaging challenges in life sciences and other industries. As an imaging developer, you will work on developing, extending, and validating computer vision and deep learning functionality. This work is done in the context of the 3DEXPERIENCE platform and BIOVIA’s flagship product Pipeline Pilot, ensuring that it remains at the forefront of developments in imaging, data science, and machine learning.
Shape your career with 3DS! #WeAre3DS
What will your role be?
- Activities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing new imaging and deep learning functionality
- Improving existing imaging functionality in domains such as image similarity and object detection
- Keeping up-to-date with methods in computer vision and machine learning
- Building imaging models using a variety of tools
- Integrating and validating new functionality, with accompanying examples into the 3DEXPERIENCE platform and Pipeline Pilot
The Challenges Ahead
- Design machine-learning pipelines for web/cloud-based applications
- Supporting our Quality Assurance team to build automated tests for all newly developed functionality
- Working with Product Management and customer-facing teams to contribute ideas for new features and product direction
- Collaborating with developers in other parts of the company to apply machine-learning and imaging tools to concrete problems and use cases
- On occasion, answering expert-level computer vision questions from the field team or customer questions related to imaging functionality on the internal product community
- Several times a year, presenting your work to different stakeholders at internal webinars, all-hands meetings, and/or customer meetings
- In conjunction with the documentation team, documenting new features and improvements
Your Key Success Factors
- Master’s or PhD in Computer Vision, Data Science, Computer Science, or a related fields, e.g., physics, engineering
- Excellent knowledge of convolutional neural networks (CNNs) and other deep learning architectures
- Previous software development experience and proficiency in C++ and Python (e.g., Mypy, Tox, Coverage, Conda, Pyenv, venv, pip)
- Experience with Keras and TensorFlow 2.X and familiarity with PyTorch
- Familiarity with scientific image processing techniques and challenges
- Good communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Good presentation skills
- Experience with/understanding of biomedical imaging applications such as high-content screening assays, fluorescent microscopy, medical/clinical images, etc.
- Prior work on computer vision/imaging applications in enterprise software
- Experience with Pandas, Scikit-learn, Numpy, and Jupyter notebook
- Knowledge of deep learning techniques such as hyperparameter search, multi-GPU training, regularization, compilation, and generative modeling
- Experience with Intel IPP and OpenCV is an asset
Compensation & Benefits
Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match (50 cents on the dollar, up to the first 8% of your eligible compensation that you contribute based on match eligibility criteria), flexible time off policy, and 9 paid holidays.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Company requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for a medical, religious or state-required accommodation or otherwise exempt consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons. Definition of full-vaccination: Employees are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.