Imagine new horizons…
Do you want to be inspired and enjoy coming to work? At Dassault Systèmes, we empower our employees and support their passion to change the world and create the future. Let’s design new horizons together with the power of 3DEXPERIENCE virtual universes!
This position can be in Waltham, MA or one of our many other office locations throughout the US.
Shape your career with 3DS! #WeAre3DS
What will your role be?
- You will work as part of a flexible global team in the SolidWorks R&D division. You will collaborate with the Product Definition and User Experience design teams.
- This is a position at the forefront of the user interaction with our Computer Aided Design apps, solving real problems and providing high-quality usability to professional CAD users who spend many hours a day interacting in 3D with our software – and all in a web browser.
- You will develop and deliver functionality that is continuously integrated and validated by automated testing. You will provide focused automated tests in order to guarantee that the code is “always ready” to ship, without blocking our ability to innovate.
- To support our toolkits, you would also deliver validation interfaces to other teams as needed. Finally, you will contribute to analytics to ensure that our software behaves as intended for the customer, with high performance and reliability.
- You will support and champion the use of the e-apps on mobile and touch devices, ensuring a consistently high user experience on any device.
Working as part of a team of very mixed skills, there is a huge opportunity to learn or use existing skills in related areas. The key quality you would demonstrate above all would be a determination to solve problems, working with other teams or team members to find the right solution, but always ensuring that issues are resolved.
The challenge ahead
- Learn the basics of Computer Aided Design with 3DEXPERIENCE® platform and SOLIDWORKS solutions
- Develop your knowledge of GIT, GITHUB, and our continuous delivery process
- Plan and develop the software design, working from designs to identify changes that can be implemented and describing it accurately in specifications
- Work with QA to establish test scenarios and plan their automation
- Plan the appropriate user interface, identify and manage dependencies with other components
- Develop and implement the new application functionalities: code, compile and run unit tests (test cases, non-regression tests, test harness, component-based test, etc.)
- Deliver the software and respond promptly to issues found in testing in order to deliver software on time and on quality, expanding automated testing to cover new issues.
Your key success factors:
- Bachelor's, or Master's degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, or related field
- 1-4 years of experience is ideal but other levels of experience would be considered
- Solid understanding of GIT
- Experience or interest in Web and Mobile App Development
- Experience or interest in Cloud Services development
- Basic use of Linux for development and testing
- Ability to work with 3D mathematics
- Selenium automated test development
- Windows-based development experience (primarily Visual Studio)
- Software design skills and sound engineering instincts
- Potentially CSS, HTML5,WebGL
- Understanding of Web Services Technologies and design approaches (HTTP, REST design, microservice architecture)
- Willingness to work in multiple languages for minor tasks as needed.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and an enjoyment of collaboration within a varied team
Compensation & Benefits
Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match (50 cents on the dollar, up to the first 8% of your eligible compensation that you contribute based on match eligibility criteria), flexible time off policy, and 9 paid holidays.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Company requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for a medical, religious or state-required accommodation or otherwise exempt consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons. Definition of full-vaccination: Employees are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.