Imagine New Horizons…
Do you want to be inspired and enjoy coming to work? At Dassault Systèmes (3DS), we empower our employees and support their passion to change the world and create the future. Let’s design new horizons together with the power of 3DEXPERIENCE virtual universes!
Shape your career with 3DS! #WeAre3DS
What Will Your Role Be
The SOLIDWORKS 3DEXPERIENCE Product Definition team is responsible for defining new and improved functionality across multiple applications. The team works with customers to ensure that the functionality not only meets, but exceeds their needs and expectations.
This paid, internship has a flexible start and duration and will be based in the Dassault Systemes Americas Headquarters in Waltham, MA.
As the SOLIDWORKS 3DEXPERIENCE Product Definition Intern, you will be responsible for supporting the Product Definition team on both special projects and day-to-day tasks.
These special projects will encompass heavy electrical and robotics engineering themes. Typical day to day tasks for this internship are:
- Investigating ideas and workflows for special projects
- Designing and building simple electromechanical devices, e.g. simple robots, for research purposes
- Providing direct feedback to the Product Definition team member responsible for the project
- Testing various projects ranging from modeling features to simulation to data management
- Documenting issues with the functionality or possible improvements that can be made
- Helping to coordinate user testing sessions both in-person and virtually
- Designing simple electrical and control systems without instruction e.g. FIRST Robotics, electronic prosthetic devices, personal projects, etc.
- Demonstrating knowledge of Arduino, Raspberry Pi, or similar systems
- Demonstrating knowledge of MIT Scratch, MIT App Inventor, Berkeley Snap, or other graphical programming languages
- Possessing CAD modeling software experience-- preferably SOLIDWORKS or SOLIDWORKS xDesign
Key Success Factors
- Actively enrolled in a Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree Program in Engineering, or related discipline
- Able to work in the Waltham, MA office
- Capable of working independently, after initial direction and with periodic progress reviews
- Able to meet expectations and deliver results on time
- Possess high-caliber interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and motivation
- Well-developed communication skills
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.