Imagine New Horizons....
The SIMULIA IPS Infrastructure, Energy and Materials team specializes in the development of industry process digital solutions for energy industry including oil & gas and renewable energies using Dassault Systemes virtual twin technologies, with some emphasis multiphase fluid flow in porous media.
What You Role Will Be...
As an intern on this team, you will work with experienced engineers with broad industry knowledge, to enable workflows to be applied on new industrial use scenarios, develop first of a kind solutions and contribute to the creation of product presentations and demonstrations. This internship focuses on electrochemical applications of reactive flow supporting sustainable energy generation and storage, such as electrolyzers, fuel cells, batteries, with emphasis on creating high quality go-to-market (GTM) material.
This is a paid internship with a flexible start in in mid-2022. The work location and duration are flexible. A work schedule can be developed to balance both your work and your academic schedule. The position is based in a Dassault Systemes office located in San Francisco bay area, California.
- Implement workflows, leveraging and extending our fluid capabilities to support energy generation and energy storage, such as electrolyzers, fuel cells, batteries.
- Participate in the creation of multiscale and multiphysics solutions involving PowerFLOW, Abaqus, and Materials Studio.
- Working as part of the SIMULIA IPS Infrastructure, Energy and Materials team.
- Create GTM material, using free IP models, to demonstrate solutions to industry problems focusing on business value.
Key Success Factors
- Actively engaged in a Master's or PhD Degree Program or Post Doc in Chemistry, Physics, Math or Engineering the duration of the internship
- Knowledge of electrochemistry or chemical kinetics
- Strong background in Mathematics and numerical methods
- Good programming skills (C++, Fortran, Java, Python or similar)
- A plus having a background in any of: electrolyzers, fuel cells, batteries, reactive flow
- Possesses strong communication skills in English
- Possesses strong presentation and documentation skills
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Company requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for a medical, religious or state-required accommodation or otherwise exempt consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons. Definition of full-vaccination: Employees are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.