Imagine New Horizons…
As a PowerFLOW R&D group Intern, you will execute and analyze numerical experiments for development of multi-component and multi-phase flow solvers. You apply your knowledge of fluid dynamics to understand complex flow behavior, investigate simulation results and validate advanced numerical solvers. You will have an opportunity to appreciate and apply cutting-edge technologies in the computational fluid dynamics (CFD).
This is a paid internship spanning 6-months, approximately January through July 2023 and is based at the headquarters for Dassault Systemes in the Americas, 175 Wyman St, Waltham, MA.
Do you have dreams? Do you enjoy a challenge? Here at Dassault Systèmes, we empower people with passion to change the world.
Shape your career with3DS! #WeAre3DS
What will your role be?
Activities include but are not limited to:
- Defining and simulating benchmark test cases
- Analyzing simulated results
- Developing automated test tools
- Researching previous studies in industrial as well as academic field
- Documentation of work processes and tools, analyzed results and etc.
- Working closely with PowerFLOW R&D teams
- You will learn to work with CFD experts and professional software engineers.
- You will contribute to the core technology development of PowerFLOW in a dynamic and collaborative commercial software work environment.
Your Key Success Factors
- Currently enrolled in a master’s degree or PhD program for the duration of the internship
- Knowledge of the computational fluid dynamics and partial differential equations
- Knowledge of complex fluid physics, particular in multiphase flow, is a plus
- Knowledge of programming languages, i.e.Python and/or C++ and/or Fortran
- Minimum cumulative GPA 3.0
- Work onsite at 185 Wyman street Waltham MA for the duration of the internship
- Solid English written/verbal communication
- Demonstrates independent thinking and problem solving skills
- UNIX/LINUX scripting and command-line troubleshooting
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Company requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for a medical, religious or state-required accommodation or otherwise exempt consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons. Definition of full-vaccination: Employees are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.