Imagine New Horizons...
As an intern in the NAM Industry Process Consultant team, you will work with lead engineers in modeling real-world fluid problems in the Transportation and Mobility, Aerospace and Defense and Industrial Equipment industries including engine cooling, external aerodynamics, splash and spray, air-intake systems, etc.
This is paid 8-month 2023 internship which can be modified so you may work around your academic schedule. The internship is located at the Dassault Systemes Amercias Headquarters office located in Waltham, MA
Do you have dreams? Do you enjoy a challenge? Here at Dassault Systèmes, we empower people with passion to change the world.
Shape your career with3DS! #WeAre3DS.
What will Your Role Be?
You will gain extensive experience with commercial CFD pre & post-processing software and directly support customer projects through analysis, visualization and communication of CFD simulation results. You will also have the opportunity to research specific client problems and present to Industry Process Consultant team.
Your Challenges Ahead
- Assisting lead engineers in modeling real-world fluids problems across multiple industries including engine cooling, external aerodynamics, splash and spray, air-intake systems, etc.
- Gaining extensive experience with commercial CFD pre & post-processing software
- Developing new design concepts/parts based on analysis of simulation results
- Generating advanced visualization of client results
- Researching specific client problems and presenting to Industry Process Consultant Team
Key Success Factors
- Current or recent grads of Bachelor’s or Master's Degree program in ME, CFD, Aerodynamics, Physics
- Possesses course/lab experience using CAE Tools
- Demonstrates strong interest and solid knowledge of fluid dynamic fundamentals
- Possesses basic UNIX Skills, Script programming and experience with complex graphics tools
- Possesses well developed communication skills in English, written/verbal and presentation skills
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Company requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for a medical, religious or state-required accommodation or otherwise exempt consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons. Definition of full-vaccination: Employees are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.