Imagine New Horizons
Dassault Systemes’ Spatial Corporation is the heart of hundreds of 3D modeling applications in diverse areas of engineering. We develop the 3D modeling kernel called CGM. With CGM, software developers can create and open CAD and polyhedral models, modify, query, and prepare for all kinds of analysis. The intern will be responsible for contributing to the improvement of this solution.
Navigate to these links for more information on Spatial:
What your role will be?
As a Software Development Intern with the CGM Broomfield team, you will contribute to the development and testing of the CGM modeler. The specific project for the internship will depend on your experience and interests. If you have a strong background in mathematics, you will help develop and implement computational geometry algorithms; if you are interested in systems engineering, you will help maintain and improve the CGM team’s test infrastructure.
The Challenges ahead
Possible directions for the internship, depending on the successful applicant’s skill set and interests, include:
- Developing and implementing algorithms for working with polyhedral meshes and/or CAD models
- Building 3D geometry datasets for algorithm testing and data mining
- Creating demos for new CGM modeler functionality
- Investigating performance bottlenecks in existing code
- Maintaining and extending automated build and test systems
Your Key Success Factors
- The following skills are required:
- Strong geometric reasoning abilities
- The following skills are not required but will make your application stand out:
- Experience with C++ or another object-oriented programming language
- Experience with SQL
- Proficiency with CAD software
Be in the know
- This internship provides an opportunity to learn about 3D modeling. Knowledge of 3D modeling and practical experience will be an advantage finding jobs in many fields of engineering.
- The successful candidate will work collaboratively with a small team on site, and possibly some people in other locations.
- Actively enrolled in a program at a college or university for the duration of the internship
- Minimum cumulative GPA 3.0
- Ability to shift directions quickly when priorities change
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work onsite in Broomfield, CO for the duration of the internship
Compensation for the role will be commensurate with experience. The expected hourly rate range will be between $21 per hour and $40 per hour
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Company requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for a medical, religious or state-required accommodation or otherwise exempt consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons. Definition of full-vaccination: Employees are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.