Imagine New Horizons.
As a technical intern within the Virtual Human Modeling (VHM) Team, you would advance the field of virtual human modeling and simulation (M&S) for cardiovascular applications using the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform.
This would be a paid six-month full-time internship based in the Dassault Systèmes Simulia Headquarters’ office at 1301 Atwood Avenue, Johnston, Rhode Island.
Do you have dreams? Do you enjoy a challenge? Here at Dassault Systèmes, we empower people with passion to change the world.
Shape your career with #3DS! #WeAre3DS
What would your role be?
Activities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing literature reviews and surveys to assess state-of-the-art cardiovascular modeling and simulation methodologies and techniques
- Creating populations of diseased hearts
- Building medical device models and performing simulations of devices in diseased hearts
- Reporting and interpreting the results from such simulations.
Key Success Factors
- Currently enrolled or recently graduated with a Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering Master’s Degree and PhD and/or a Postdoctoral program
- Possesses experience in the area cardiovascular function, disease and treatment
- Demonstrates CAE experience in the area of nonlinear structural mechanics using Abaqus. Experience in computational fluid dynamics and fluid-structure interaction is a plus
- Experience with 3D CAD, CATIA desired
- Familiarity with medical imaging segmentation, experience or practical knowledge of Living Heart Human Model, and programming skills including Python
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Company requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for a medical, religious or state-required accommodation or otherwise exempt consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons. Definition of full-vaccination: Employees are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.