Imagine New Horizons.
World Leader in 3D Design & Engineering Software, Dassault Systèmes provides PLM & 3D Modeling Software, Simulation Apps and Industry Solutions.
Powered by the 3DEXPERIENCE platform, SIMULIA delivers realistic 3D simulation applications that enable users to reveal the world we live in.
We are seeking an undergraduate or graduate engineering student to join our Software Quality Engineering team located in our Johnston, RI office location. The position is a paid, full-time, 6-month co-op/internship with flexible start date. In this role, you will work on a variety of software operations and quality tasks and gain valuable hands-on exposure to our state-of-the-art 3D multi-physics simulation solutions.
What will your role be?
- Develop, modify and execute test plans
- Find defects early in the software development process and be an active contributing member of our overall software product development and releases
- Develop an understanding of, and conduct tests in, a variety of simulation execution environments including our rapidly growing HPC Cloud configuration
- Develop an understanding of our products
- Working in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple tasks and assignments
- Articulating and actively participating in test and quality status problem reporting and solving discussions with other engineers, mentors and management
- Contributing to the development of new software products and will be exposed to a variety of technologies
- Working on individual tasks with a local team but develop a greater understanding of working in a large global organization
- Developing and using good engineering judgement and will be strongly supported to succeed
Your Key Success Factors
- Actively enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Engineering.
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Company requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for a medical, religious or state-required accommodation or otherwise exempt consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons. Definition of full-vaccination: Employees are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.