Imagine New Horizons…
Do you want to be inspired and enjoy coming to work? At Dassault Systèmes, we empower our employees and support their passion to change the world and create the future. Let’s design new horizons together with the power of 3DEXPERIENCE virtual universes! Shape your career with 3DS! #WeAre3DS
What will your role be?
Act as a member of the Industrial Equipment Industry Process Expert group and be responsible for developing new technical solutions of interest to the Transportation & Mobility, Aerospace & Defense and Industrial Equipment industry, with emphasis on structural, and structural optimization workflows, which will require the ability to solve challenging static, dynamic and multibody simulation problems.
- Drive the development of methodologies, of software/physics features, and of technical marketing material for all of the Industrial equipment industry.
- Work with external and internal customers to identify important structural issues related to their product design and engineering process.
- Define the requirements and the priorities of the new simulation capabilities that are necessary for the identified structural simulation issues and communicate them clearly to the development team.
- Perform validation and verification activities of new structural solver features in SIMULIA products.
- Document the simulation methodologies for structural advanced and designer workflows in the form of best practices and guidelines.
- Provide technical and marketing support to facilitate the deployment of developed simulation workflows.
- Mentor Junior Industry Process Consulting engineers/interns and provide training to internal and external customers on structural applications.
Key Success Factors
Master’s plus 6 (six) years of experience or PHD plus 5 (five) years of experience in Mechanical Engineering, Aerodynamics, Physics or a directly related field plus experience in structural optimization, structural statics, structural dynamics, fatigue and creep, and multibody dynamics. Experience must include:
- Using commercial Structural and other CAE tools including geometry handling and mesh preparation tools.
- Solving complex structural and thermal conduction problems
- Interacting with customers and presenting key value of capabilities clearly, with a message adapted to the audience.
- UNIX Skills, script programming such as Python
- Being involved in design projects for the industrial equipment and/or transport and mobility industry
- 10% both domestic and international travel for Business meetings with external customers, Seminars and Conferences, Trainings and customer deployments
Compensation & Benefits
Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match (50 cents on the dollar, up to the first 8% of your eligible compensation that you contribute based on match eligibility criteria), flexible time off policy, and 9 paid holidays.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.