At Dassault Systèmes, we empower our employees and support their passion to change the world and build the future. Let us design new horizons together with the power of 3DEXPERIENCE virtual universes!
Your primary role will be to deliver simulation services projects that require expertise in mechanics of structures, solids and fluids. Our goal is to expand our geomechanics simulation services to customers in the Oil & Gas and related industries. Such services may include our product applications, methods development, training, mentoring, and product extension or customization development. You may need to visit customers primarily located in the Houston area.
As an individual or a team member, you will contribute significantly to meeting simulation challenges. Learning and applying new technologies, product features, and industry workflows on a continuous basis is necessary. Excellent communication skills are critical for sharing knowledge with others who have varying levels of technical understanding.
The specific duties and responsibilities will be commensurate with education, training, and experience and may include:
· Desire for having a career in the physics-based numerical simulation field.
· Passion for learning and applying simulation technologies and products.
· Aspiration for teaching, mentoring and helping others to achieve their goals.
· MS degree in an engineering discipline related to computational mechanics of structures, solids and fluids and 8 years of Oil & Gas industry experience. PhD degree with 6 years of experience is also considered.
· Advanced knowledge and experience in nonlinear computational mechanics in particular geomechanics (mechanics of soil, sand, and rocks) under static and dynamic load environments.
· Experience with fracture and failure of materials including geomaterials.
· Experience solving challenging Oil & Gas exploration and production problems using physics-based simulation techniques with commercial software for implicit and explicit finite element analysis (FEA) such as Abaqus, Ansys, Comsol, Dyna, or Nastran.
· Goal-driven, detail-oriented, diligent, and organized, with the proven ability to work effectively and efficiently, independently or as a team member under deadlines and customer requirements.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in discussing technical issues with people of varying levels of knowledge and experience.
The advantage increases with having more skills from the following list in descending order of importance:
· Modeling upstream applications such as Subsidence (from fluid production), Hydraulic Fracturing (in Unconventional Resources), Borehole Stability (Drilling), Cement and Casing Integrity (Completions), Fault-Slip Activations (Induced Seismicity), and Cap-rock Integrity (Carbon Capture, Utilization, and Storage).
· Modeling porous media, soils, pore pressure, Darcy flow, and multi-phase flow.
· Geological modeling with Petrel software or similar.
· Leveraging commercial CAD software such as CATIA, SolidWorks, Creo, or NX.
· Automating processes or procedures using C++, Python, or VBScript for automation.
· Utilizing ancillary simulation software such as Isight and Tosca.
· Working with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), Simulation and Process Data Management (SPDM), or Process Integration and Design Optimization (PIDO).
· Using Uncertainty Quantification (UQ)
· Understanding Machine Learning (ML)
Powered by the 3DEXPERIENCE® Platform, SIMULIA delivers realistic simulation applications that enable users to reveal the world we live in.