Imagine new horizons...
BIOVIA, a DASSAULT SYSTEMES product group, is a digital solutions brand, provides global collaborative product lifecycle experiences for organizations and industries that rely on scientific innovation for competitiveness. BIOVIA’s leading scientific enterprise software solutions enable scientific innovation at the world’s leading pharmaceutical, biotechnology, chemical, and petroleum companies.
BIOVIA is seeking a Portfolio Strategy Director to develop our ecosystem growth plan to meet our growth objectives and ensure its successful execution. This is a critical responsibility as the company is transforming both its product portfolio and its business model with a cloud-first approach.
What will your role be?
As part of the BIOVIA strategy team, you will help develop our portfolio roadmaps, position our product portfolio for performance, identify required partnerships, drive the successful operationalization of our business transformation; and you will work with other brands of DASSAULT SYSTEMES to bring joint solutions to market.
The Challenges Ahead
- Develop portfolio roadmaps that reflects strategic imperatives, in close collaboration with BIOVIA executives and the R&D team
- Build business cases for new partnerships in light of market and competitive dynamics
- Operationalize the roll-out of new business models, such as SaaS, in close collaboration with product management, sales and marketing
- Perform market and competitive analyses
- Analyze the performance of our portfolio, and work with BIOVIA product management and corporate pricing teams to optimize it
- Develop BIOVIA packaging and pricing plan in collaboration with the R&D, finance, and corporate packaging & pricing teams in time for a successful launch and go-to-market
- Construct BIOVIA packaging and pricing responses to specific deals, in close collaboration with sales, finance, and industry specific leadership
Your Key Success Factors
- Education: MBA with science-based Bachelor of Science or Master of Science degree preferred
- 5-7 years experience in a strategic planning role and/or ecosystem development role
- 3-5 years experience in a bioscience, materials science, chemical and/or formulations field
- Successful business model, commercialization and go-to-market experience especially for cloud apps and solutions
- Compensation for the role will be commensurate with experience. The total expected compensation range will be between 180,000 and 200,000, representing the base salary (or annualized salary based on estimated hourly compensation) and target bonus
- Strategy consulting experience, especially as it relates to science or engineering enterprises dependent upon bioscience, materials, chemicals, and formulation innovation
- M&A experience, especially as it relates to strategic partnerships, scenario planning, financial modeling, etc.
- Passionate about creating and negotiating win-win solutions
- Proactive, results-oriented collaboration skills
- Strong analytical, business modeling, and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills; experienced with Microsoft Powerpoint, Excel, Work, multimedia apps, and cloud apps.
- Flexible and effective in collaborating remotely with global stakeholders and time zones
Experienced and comfortable with multicultural collaboration and interactions.
Compensation & Benefits
Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match (50 cents on the dollar, up to the first 8% of your eligible compensation that you contribute based on match eligibility criteria), flexible time off policy, and 9 paid holidays.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Company requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for a medical, religious or state-required accommodation or otherwise exempt consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons. Definition of full-vaccination: Employees are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.