Imagine new horizons...
BIOVIA, a Dassault Systèmes digital solutions brand, provides global collaborative product lifecycle experiences for organizations and industries that rely on scientific innovation for competitiveness. BIOVIA’s leading scientific enterprise software solutions enable scientific innovation at the world’s leading pharmaceutical, biotechnology, chemical, and petroleum companies.
We are seeking a senior QA Engineering leader with a strong technical background to guide scientific software quality for our North America BIOVIA R&D Team. This leader will be a key part of the global BIOVIA R&D Operations & Quality leadership team, reporting directly to the Senior Director, R&D Operations & Quality. The mission of the QA Director is to provide leadership across a broad scope of software quality topics from process and practices to technical efficiency.
What will your role be?
In the role, you will partner with other senior quality and engineering leaders to align R&D efforts and drive software quality for enterprise and cloud-based Laboratory Informatics software products. Your technical expertise and software quality focus will help ensure BIOVIA solutions meet the needs of life science customers. You will have the responsibility of leading and managing QA Managers, QA Engineers and QA SDETs within R&D, driving QA release activities, leading continuous process improvement efforts to ensure high quality and efficient software delivery, and employing targeted automated testing solutions that prevent customer risks and reflect customer usage.
- Partner with development leaders, product management, and quality engineering leaders to manage software quality and deliver per project release schedules
- Manage, guide, and coach QA leaders and QA Engineers to grow their capabilities
- Assess technical and testing capabilities of the team to develop staffing plans, recruit, on-board, and develop QA Engineers in a world class Quality Engineering department.
- Manage test infrastructure in partnership with IT and R&D to support product test activities.
- Manage and align the QA Engineer resource allocation to optimize release delivery.
- Ensuring appropriate test planning and test coverage with full requirements traceability and effective management of software and release risks.
- Provide technical leadership on test automation and orchestration practices for complex scientific software.
- Ensure appropriate levels of product configuration and compatibility testing per the platform compatibility matrix
- Oversee test asset and defect management using internal and external tools such as Jira, SpiraTeam, GitLab
- Drive test activity, working closely with product team leads to develop mitigation plans for blocking issues or risks
- Champion the culture of software quality with transparency and continuous improvement:
- Measure and manage QA activities for effectiveness and efficiency
- Evaluate and improve the effectiveness of product test strategies and test suite coverage
- Initiate and participate in the RCA / CAPA processes for continuous improvement
- Implement technical and process improvements
- Responsible for functional and non-functional software testing such as performance, security, GxP compliance.
Your Key Success Factors
- Bachelor's (or Master’s) Degree in related field required. Computer Science or chemistry, biology, biochemistry, or scientific fields preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in software quality leadership with a proven track record of increasing responsibility.
- Experience managing software quality engineering practices for cloud-based distributed software is expected.
- Experience driving QA strategy and vision.
- Conversant in testing methodologies and software delivery strategies including Scaled Agile Framework, Waterfall, Scrum.
- Highly adaptable to help transform software practices in support of cloud only software delivery.
- Thinks strategically. Quickly identifies and acts on opportunities. Considers the downstream impact. Seeks to understand the why to improve future outcomes.
- Drives performance. Holds self and others accountable to delivers results first time right. Never settles for status quo. Willing to have tough conversations, asks for feedback, and takes action to improve
- Strong communication, presentation, problem-solving, and analytical skills required
- Experience with change management while fostering a positive atmosphere of collaboration required.
Compensation & Benefits
Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match (50 cents on the dollar, up to the first 8% of your eligible compensation that you contribute based on match eligibility criteria), flexible time off policy, and 9 paid holidays.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Company requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for a medical, religious or state-required accommodation or otherwise exempt consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons. Definition of full-vaccination: Employees are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.