Director, BIOVIA R&D Operations Engineering– BIOVIA
San Diego, CA
Imagine new horizons...
The Director, R&D Operations Engineering will focus on and champion DevSecOps engineering practices as we deliver high quality collaborative scientific software in the 3DEXPERIENCE Cloud and BIOVIA Science Cloud. This individual will plan and execute at a strategic level, leading and influencing engineers to improve the flow of software delivery through the lifecycle.
What will your role be?
BIOVIA is looking for a Director, R&D Operations Engineering who will focus on and champion DevSecOps engineering practices as we deliver high quality collaborative scientific software in the 3DEXPERIENCE Cloud and BIOVIA Science Cloud. This individual will plan and execute at a strategic level, leading and influencing engineers to improve the flow of software delivery through the lifecycle. Source code management, CI/CD automated pipelines with integrated quality and security checks, and infrastructure management including BCP/DRP are the responsibility of this department. A key goal is providing self-service capabilities to the R&D group while maintaining high quality standards. Release Engineers and DevOps engineers will report directly to the director of R&D Operations Engineering.
- Lead a global team of Release and DevOps Engineers who enable BIOVIA R&D delivery teams
- Develop and manage source code management and code promotion strategies, metrics, and KPIs; maintain relevant SOPs and champion common approaches for software delivery
- Complete the migration to GitLab pipelines and decommission legacy build infrastructure
- Lead the design, development and implementation of reusable templates and other elements of automatic pipelines to improve consistency and delivery flow
- Lead the implementation, management, and measurement of GitLab pipelines, providing self-service features for R&D delivery teams
- Lead and guide the technical implementation of integrated pipeline checks for SCA, SAST, DAST, and other relevant automation
- Manage the high availability of build and test systems, ensuring R&D teams are enabled to meet their delivery targets; responsible for business continuity of mission critical R&D systems
- Responsible for the administration of tools utilized within R&D including task management, test management, source code management, software build and distribution
- Provide technical leadership, foster an accountable team environment, provide mentorship to technical staff
- Collaborate with R&D leaders to improve the flow of delivery to the cloud, providing operational recommendations and driving process improvement efforts.
- Implement cost efficiencies for cloud infrastructure, tools and licenses that support the BIOVIA application on 3DExperience cloud and Enterprise products.
- Rapid response to emerging security topics including organizing cyber remediation efforts
- Maintain awareness of relevant and emerging technologies; coach engineers on new best practices, solutions, design patterns and implementations.
- Implement and maintain an effective Security Vulnerability Management program.
- Interact, coordinate, and build collaborative working relationships with architects, developers, vendors, and internal business partners.
- Monitor Global Operations communications, and coordinate with development teams to ensure compliance of server architectures with Global Operations requirements
Your Key Success Factors
- Bachelor or Masters in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equally relevant degree or an equivalent combination of education and applicable work experience.
- 10+ years’ experience in a leadership role in engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in a development or engineering role.
- Experience with security testing methodologies and tools
- Expert knowledge of CI/CD tools (Gitlab), configuration management tools (Ansible), infrastructure provisioning tools (Terraform) and version control with Git.
- Conversant in container technology and tool stacks (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm).
- Excellent communication, listening and collaboration skills
- Understanding of AWS services and components like EC2, EBS, VPC, WAF, ALB, Lambda, S3, IAM, etc.
- Experience managing and securing AWS or Azure public cloud environments.
- Expertise with DevOps methodologies, processes, and frameworks.
Compensation for the role will be commensurate with experience. The total expected compensation range will be between $160,000 and $186,000, representing the base salary (or annualized salary based on estimated hourly compensation) and target bonus
Compensation & Benefits
Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match (50 cents on the dollar, up to the first 8% of your eligible compensation that you contribute based on match eligibility criteria), flexible time off policy, and 10 paid holidays.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.