Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps create the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and improve outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
The Medidata GNOC Team provides critical, round-the-clock service availability monitoring, pre-emptive and immediate incident responses as well as additional IT service offerings for internal customers.
Who we are looking for:
We're looking for a candidate who is active and responsible, eager to learn about different tools, can work in a high pace environment, and wants to increase troubleshooting skills on different platforms. Key activities include:
- Monitor Medidata client’s’ URL, Networks, Systems, Storage, Medidata Data Centers and AWS environments using a wide variety of tools within the consolidated 24x7x365 Network Operations Center
- All alerts are addressed in a timely manner to meet and/or exceed external Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) and internal Service Level Objectives (SLO’s)
- Monitor and troubleshoot all networks and systems related issues; fault management and event notification
- Assist in the identification, troubleshooting, and resolution of issues where possible.
- Provide alert response as well as email support for data center and managed services clients
- Incident management and Problem management skills
- Take ownership of the incident/request and drive it to resolution
- Keep clients informed throughout the process and follow up with them to ensure satisfactory resolution
- Own activities around reducing number of repeated incidents while working with respective team
- Identify opportunities for automation of operation activities.Guide and mentor less experienced teammates by providing technical support, training, and guidance
- Strong knowledge of Windows operating System
- Strong knowledge of UNIX/Linux
- Working knowledge of database systems (MS SQL, mySQL, Postgresql)
- Working knowledge of Cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Azure, Google
- Strong knowledge of scripting such as Powershell and Python
- Project management skills
- Strong technical aptitude including excellent troubleshooting skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills for client interaction and ticket documentation
- Ability to coordinate effectively with other team members
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
Qualifications (Education and Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Telecommunications, or related discipline
- 5+ years of work experience in Large Data Center resolving operation issues.
- Ability to support applications running on Windows,Linux platforms, and ECS/Kubernetes
- Operational knowledge of Sumologic, Sysdig, SolarWinds, and other monitoring tools is a plus
- Understanding of cloud concepts and working experience in public/private cloud for any support will be highly desired
As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in Texas or Ohio is $84,375-$112,500.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission on the terms of applicable plan documents, and many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Medidata believes that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and provides best-in-class benefits, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance; 401(k) matching; unlimited paid time off; and 10 paid holidays per year.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.