Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
As a Client Executive, you will be achieving revenue objectives in geographic or specifically-named account territories including identifying sales opportunities, qualifying opportunities, and efficiently leveraging resources in order to bring opportunities to successful conclusion. In addition, he/she is responsible for maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction and personal involvement in customer relationships in order to remain consistent with Medidata business principals.
● Consistent attainment of all revenue and booking targets within assigned territory, per targets based on position referenced above
● Development and execution of strategic sales plans as it relates to specific opportunities within assigned territory
● Represent Medidata in the field in a manner consistent with company business principles and ethics
● Directly responsible for closing sales transactions with clients and prospects
● Coordination of resources within sales and other departments in order to achieve objectives
● Maintain and update sales plans, account and opportunity data within company systems as directed, including SalesForce.com
● Quarterly and/or annual sales targets differ by title/position and are covered under a separate document
● Demonstrated consistent track record in exceeding sales targets
● Demonstrated consistent tenacity and drive to achieve goals
● Strong application software sales experience. SaaS/e-clinical experience preferred
● Working knowledge of life sciences industry, specifically selling into Public Sector space (universities, government, academia, etc.)
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Demonstrated success with process approached selling
● Ability to gain executive credibility, understand organizational political dynamics and competitive awareness
● Strong business planning and organizational skills
● Demonstrated success with strategic, value-based selling
Your Education & Experience:
As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in the NYC Metro Area is $96,750-129,000.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in the California Bay Area is $102,000-$136,000.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in the Boston Metro Area is $78,000-104,000.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in Texas or Ohio is $87,000-$116,000.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in all other locations within the United States is $95,250-127,000.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission on the terms of applicable plan documents, and many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Medidata believes that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and provides best-in-class benefits, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance; 401(k) matching; unlimited paid time off (subject to management discretion); and 10 paid holidays per year.
MEDIDATA generates the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes.