Imagine new horizons...
BIOVIA, a Dassault Systèmes digital solutions brand, provides global collaborative product lifecycle experiences for organizations and industries that rely on scientific innovation for competitiveness. BIOVIA’s leading scientific enterprise software solutions enable scientific innovation at the world’s leading pharmaceutical, biotechnology, chemical, and petroleum companies.
What will your role be?
We are seeking an experienced Software Consultant to join our world-class Professional Services team. Waltham, MA is the ideal location, we are also open to candidates located elsewhere in the United States. You will use your technical skills to build solutions using BIOVIA and Dassault Systèmes software products that enable our customers to gain insights and add maximum value from their scientific data.
In this role, you will join a team of consultants in BIOVIA’s Professional Services group working on a wide variety of projects for customers engaged in scientific research and development. You will work alongside Solution Architects, Business Analysts, Project Managers, and QA Engineers as part of a team dedicated to ensuring the success of our customers. You will apply your technical skill set to learn new in-house technologies for building and deploying solutions for our customers.
To be considered for this role, a candidate should have at least 3 years of experience working in an R&D or QC laboratory environment. Preferable QC lab experience managing lab data systems such as ELN/LES (Electronic Lab Notebook or Lab Execution System), or a LIMS (Lab Information Management System).
The challenges ahead
- Work with scientists, analysts, and other customer stakeholders to understand laboratory processes
- Customer interaction and coordinating
- Understand customer business requirements, scenarios, use cases, users experience needs.
- Understand the technical specification dossier and translate them into detailed technical specifications.
- Evaluate costs (person/days) manage activities in order to ensure the quality of deliverables and deadlines.
- Write operation guides that explain the deployment of the software components.
- Analyze and correct reported issues and/or execute software changes required by the customer aligned with R&D strategies.
- Capitalize on project deliverables to ensure reusability.
Your Key Success Factors
- B.S., or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry or related fields, or equivalent experience is required.
- 3+ years of experience in an R&D or QC laboratory or as a consultant serving the life sciences industry.
- Experience working with lab informatics software
- Experience connecting or integrating laboratory equipment with computer systems
- Experience building simple to moderate SQL queries to access data in Oracle, SQL Server, or other types of databases is a plus.
- Familiarity with CSV (Computer Systems Validation) processes.
- Familiarity with software configuration
- Available to travel up to 50%
Compensation & Benefits
Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match (50 cents on the dollar, up to the first 8% of your eligible compensation that you contribute based on match eligibility criteria), flexible time off policy, and 10 paid holidays.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.