We are looking for a Senior Accountant to join our Americas Finance team. This position will be based in our Waltham, MA headquarters and will have a major focus on work from our Latin America offices. This position requires both English & Portuguese and/or English & Spanish language skills.
At Dassault Systèmes, we empower our employees and support their passion to change the world and build the future. Let’s design new horizons together with the power of 3DEXPERIENCE virtual universes!
The role of the Senior Accountant involves working with internal and external providers as part of a team, to accomplish all tasks related to general ledger closing, financial reporting and tax compliance.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for maintaining and reviewing financial records inclusive of journal entry and account reconciliations, reporting, analysis, intercompany and tax related topics.
• Regularly interact and engage with external accounting firms.
• Establish calendar of monthly deliverables and manage relationship with external service providers.
• Compile, review and upload financial information received from external providers to general ledger. Includes GL entries, Intercompany transactions, and Account reconciliations. Understand transactions and ensure accuracy.
• Take responsibility for analyzing content and activity in general ledger accounts to support period end balances and conduct additional inquiry as necessary.
• Handle Magnitude Financial reporting for Brazil, Mexico, Chile, and Columbia entities.
• Prepare or review standard and ad hoc financial reports (e.g. balance sheets, income statements, monthly closing reports) according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) or other regulatory requirements.
• Respond to partners within the business and finance management on accounting conclusions and financial statement content.
• Conduct review of Tax Filings– (Annual, Interim, VAT, etc).
• Interact with FP&A and internal local points of contact on topics impacting financial results or external provider relationships.
• Monitor and validate Transfer Pricing calculations.
• May focus efforts in more complex and specialized accounting areas.
• Maintain accounting control procedures and suggest improvements, where appropriate.
• Identify root causes of problems; generate and evaluate alternative solutions; implement problem resolutions quickly and effectively.
Join Dassault Systèmes, The 3DEXPERIENCE Company Everything becomes possible with Dassault Systèmes’ 3DEXPERIENCE virtual universes! Serving 230,000 customers in 11 industries, from high-tech to life sciences, fashion to transportation, we help businesses and people around the world to create sustainable innovations for today and tomorrow. Get on board a leading and fast-growing company of 20,000 talented professionals.