Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
Medidata's R&D Team, which includes Cloud Engineering, Information Systems Security, Data Fabric and Mobile, buildsplatform infrastructure and advanced products to help companies bring new treatments to market. We are makingamazing strides towards how new medicines are identified and developed by our clients (BioTechs and Pharmaceuticalsfor example) via Machine Learning, AI and other cutting edge technologies
As an Intern Applications Engineer - you will
● Design,develop and manage software applications using the engineering principles.
● Work with architects and other engineers and contribute actively to system architecture anddesign decisions.
● Implement and advocate good engineering practices for co-located and remote teams.
● Actively engage in code reviews to improve code quality and promote TDD/BDD approach
Thorough understanding of Object-oriented and functional programming styles.
● Academic experience working with JVM languages such as Java 8 and Scala in an enterprise environment.
● Academic experience working with relational databases.
● Academic experience of developing applications using TDD, BDD.
●Knowledge and understanding of Scrum/Agile project methodologies.
●Knowledge and understanding of REST API design, discovery, documentation, and management.
●Knowledge and understanding of CI/CD tools such as Travis and Jenkins.
●Good knowledge of git and git-flow.
●Knowledge of authentication and authorization of services.
●Knowledge of web servers, load balancers, and firewalls.
MEDIDATA generates the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes.