Imagine new horizons...
3DEXCITE provides digital continuity and seamless experiences to connect the brand to the public at every touchpoint, whether it be online, through mobile devices or in-store. The brand story is clear, the product experience is personal, and the entire process produces valuable data that can be leveraged intelligently in future campaigns.
We aim to contribute towards achieving carbon neutrality by creating sustainable marketing content for our clients and their innovative products.
As a 3D Digital Artist you are part of our Experience Production unit, which is responsible for producing marketing content for our automotive customers’ electrified/future vehicles. By leveraging 3D technology you work on a large variety of high-quality CGI projects while being part of an engaging, fun and international team of passionate artists. With your strong communication skills and your positive attitude you always aim to deliver to our high standards.
The core business of our team is to combine our customer’s engineering and marketing data into a product-correct and fully configurable 3D master model that is the base of marketing campaigns across the globe. We also deliver the online car configurator that covers the needs of the entire European market. You work for and from our Benelux office in Vilvoorde (BE), while also supporting on global projects with our colleagues in offices around the world.
You have dreams? You enjoy a challenge? Here at Dassault Systèmes, we empower people and energize passion to change the world and create the future. Let's open new horizons together with the power of 3DEXPERIENCE virtual universes! Shape your career with 3DS! #WeAre3DS #3DEXCITE #CGI #Senior #3D #Artist #innovation
What will your role be?
- Building real-time-capable 3D models based on CAD data
- Setting up virtual materials, cameras and light setups according to customer briefings
- Building the logic behind our configurators and visualizers
- Defining render layers and checking the renderings
- Developing your skills in our 3D (real-time) visualization software 3DEXCITE DELTAGEN
- Troubleshooting complex DELTAGEN scenes and layer setups
- Ensure that the visual quality respects the guidelines provided by the Visual Artists, Supervisors and Visual Directors
- Mentor and train others and help them grow as Artists, while continuing to develop your own knowledge and experience.
- Customer contact: at times you will be able to present results to the client together with or on behalf of the production team
- Collaborate closely with all stakeholders, identify bottlenecks, align on direction, share knowledge with the team and support where it’s needed
- Foster a culture of knowledge sharing, innovation, best practices and process standardization
- Join and help maintain our constructive environment where team members can thrive, innovate, openly communicate and support each other
- Take ownership for our models, pipelines, processes and proactively implement or align with Technical Directors and Stakeholders on possible improvements
- Lead by example through your professional behavior and resilience and the ability to explain complex concepts in a simple way
- Work both independently and in teams
- Get familiar with our quality standards and processes, while pushing for innovation
- Collaborate with teams spread around the world: Europe, India, USA and leverage their contribution
- Work inclusively, supporting our environment of involvement, respect, connection and innovation in a constantly evolving market
- Be approachable by the team members and by other contacts within the organization
- Report progress and status to internal and external Stakeholders (Project Managers, Team Leads, etc.)
- Finish your projects and tasks within Time & Quality constraints
- Take initiative and challenge the status quo to constantly develop and improve
Your key success factors
- Previous working experience in CGI (5+ years)
- Deep knowledge of 3D software packages and production workflows with a drive for innovation
- Deep understanding of light, materials, shaders in CGI
- Deep understanding of 3D Objects (meshes, UVs, attributes, etc.)
- Deep understanding of Variants and Product Structure
- Proficiency in Photoshop/After Effects (experience in Nuke is considered a plus)
- Proficiency in Unreal Engine
- A working understanding of poly modelling software (Maya, Blender, 3DSMax, etc.)
- Outstanding eye for detail
- Strong communication and presentation skills, primarily in English, to work closely with an international and multicultural team (Professional English skills, both spoken as written)
- Good time management skills
- Natural Problem Solver, who enjoys freedom and can work independently
- Ability to create effort estimations for work packages.
- Creativity and talent for visualization with a growth-mindset for learning new things
- Ability to challenge the way things have always been done, keep focus on future challenges and inspire an innovative environment
- Confident, social, proactive, agile and motivated person
- Ability to interact with customers and consult them on CGI production for various experiences
Nice to have
- Experience in people and change management are a plus
- Interest in the automotive industry is definitely an asset
- 3D Modeling skills are not mandatory but considered a plus (we primarily work with CAD data which we augment with additional modeling done globally, which is provided to the 3D Artists)
- Understanding of any coding language is not mandatory but considered a plus
Note: Applications without portfolio will not be considered for this position.
As a game-changer in sustainable technology and innovation, Dassault Systèmes is striving to build more inclusive and diverse teams across the globe. We believe that our people are our number one asset and we want all employees to feel empowered to bring their whole selves to work every day. It is our goal that our people feel a sense of pride and a passion for belonging. As a company leading change, it’s our responsibility to foster opportunities for all people to participate in a harmonised Workforce of the Future.