Imagine New Horizons...
BIOVIA, a wholly owned subsidiary of DASSAULT SYSTEMES provides a sophisticated enterprise system of modeling, simulation, laboratory, quality, and process data management solutions. Our customers use these systems to discover, design, and deliver innovative sustainable and competitive products to consumers globally.
We support industries and organizations that rely on innovation to differentiate themselves. Our customer base includes the world’s largest pharmaceutical, biotechnology, chemical, energy, and consumer goods companies.
We provide software and cloud services for scientists and engineers, which helps them do their job better. With access to data, tools and applications to understand that data and analytical and predictive capabilities our customers produce quality products.
What will your role be?
- We are looking for an experienced Java Engineer to join our Discoverant development team.
- This role will play a leading part in the development of new generation web-based applications in the area of Scientific Analytics for Process Production Operations in Life Sciences
- You will work within a team of software developers alongside Product Managers and Quality Engineers to develop and enhance BIOVIA software products. BIOVIA employs a scaled agile approach with an increasing emphasis on DevOps to support the development and continuous testing of our service-oriented architectures.
The Challenges Ahead
- You will be defining and describing the architecture, functional behavior, limitations and acceptance tests of new and enhanced capabilities.
- You will need to design and specify how capabilities will be implemented: select algorithms as well as theories or technologies that will be used, plan appropriate user interface, and identify and manage dependencies on other components.
- You know what good software engineering looks like and how to build flexible, extensible and re-usable architectures.
- You are intrigued by the challenges of security, scalability, and availability, and understand the techniques and technologies deployed to support these goals.
- You know how to measure performance characteristics against the scaling of users and data volumes, and how to address bottlenecks.
- You understand the importance of building a testing strategy into any product development, to provide ongoing quality assurance into the future.
- You want to help other developers learn from your experience and insights.
- You are confident about solving any product defect through a rational and efficient approach.
- You notice and act upon opportunities for continuous improvement in development and release processes; you seek empowerment to make things better for everyone.
- You recognize the importance of working with project management to establish a clear definition of development goals and product specifications and align them with a long-term roadmap.
Your Key Success Factors?
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Chemical Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics or related fields
- Strong experience with Java is critical
- Experience with development of software for use in regulated industries is a strong plus
- Understanding of Software Architecture
- Experience with service oriented architectures
- Experience with Web App Development with HTML5, Angular, TypeScript
- Database experience with Oracle, SQL Server, NoSQL databases
Compensation for the this role will be commensurate with experience. The total expected compensation range will be between $130,000 and $140,000, representing the base salary (or annualized salary based on estimated hourly compensation) and target bonus
Compensation & Benefits
Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match (50 cents on the dollar, up to the first 8% of your eligible compensation that you contribute based on match eligibility criteria), flexible time off policy, and 9 paid holidays.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.