Imagine New Horizons...
Do you have dreams? Do you enjoy a challenge? Here at Dassault Systèmes SOLIDWORKS, we empower people with a passion for changing the world.
What will your role be?
- As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you will be working on Testing, assessing, and shaping the features and applications of the DraftSight code and a range of products including DraftSight Desktop and Connected Cloud products
- Constantly strive to improve product quality through the continuous quality improvement of the DraftSight and SolidWorks brand in line with customer’s needs & expectations
- Delivering with a high level of quality, stability, and performance
The challenges ahead:
- Test DraftSight Desktop and Connected Cloud products, this will include new functionality, reproducing customer workflows and problems
- Communicating and prioritizing defects with development staff to schedule timely fixes
- Validate the fixes before they are released to customers and ensure there are no regressions
- Test assigned areas of responsibility prior to Major or Service pack release.
- Look to drive automating the manual testing of the software, testing new and current functionality to make sure that it is of the expected high standard for release, and much more.
Your key success factors:
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Mechanical Engineering, Design, or related field
- 2-5 years of professional work experience in CAD, using CAD software. Can be from a variety of Engineering/Design related industries, Design or Mechanical Engineering, Architectural, Plant design, layout, etc.
- Experience with 2D/3D drafting packages like SOLIDWORKS, DraftSight, AutoCAD, Mechanical Desktop, ARES, Catia, Inventor, Fusion 360, SolidEdge, NX, etc.
- Experience in 2D CAD products, in particular using DWG format
- Software development or quality assurance and testing experience is a plus
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, great communicator, self-starting but can also work in a team with other motivated people.
- A good eye for detail and interpreting specifications
Compensation & Benefits
Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match (50 cents on the dollar, up to the first 8% of your eligible compensation that you contribute based on match eligibility criteria), flexible time off policy, and 9 paid holidays.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Company requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for a medical, religious or state-required accommodation or otherwise exempt consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons. Definition of full-vaccination: Employees are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.