Top employers in the industry are looking for skilled students & individuals certified on 3DS solutions to unleash the power of 3DS tools. CATIA Certification validates that you have the skills and knowledge needed to unleash the power of CATIA tools.
Earning our CATIA certification helps you stand out among your peers and be part of our growing community of certified users.
As a Certified CATIA Associate you demonstrate that you have achieved a robust level of fundamental knowledge and hands-on experience of CATIA modeling techniques in using CATIA.
The CATIA Specialist Certification demonstrates that you have broadened your knowledge and skills by achieving competence in two of the Associate areas.
As a Certified CATIA Expert you can boost your competitive advantage by validating your advanced level of expertise. This certification demonstrates that you have extensive knowledge and hands-on experience in leveraging the optimum results from CATIA solutions.
Live Practice Exams
All CATIA Certification exams test knowledge of the solutions as well as hands-on experience with live access exams where you solve real life design challenges with CATIA solutions.
As a Certified CATIA Associate, you prove your knowledge and skills with CATIA fundamental modeling techniques after initial training and between one to six months of regular practice* in either Part, Assembly or Surface Design.
*These are indications that may vary from one person to another
- To become a Certified CATIA V5 Mechanical Design Specialist you need to pass the CATIA V5 Part Design exam and the CATIA Assembly Design exam.
- To become a Certified CATIA V5 Mechanical Surface Design Specialist you need to pass the CATIA V5 Part Design exam and the CATIA Surface Design exam.
As a Certified CATIA Expert, you prove your knowledge and skills with CATIA advanced modeling techniques after solid training and between six and twelve months of advanced hands-on practice and work experience* in either Part, Assembly or Surface Design.
* These are indications that may vary from one person to another
Getting certified requires serious preparation. In order to get ready for an exam, we recommend you to go through the following steps
- Get trained on the course(s) as specified in the recommended learning path (see picture) and in the exam descriptions. The courses are available online via Companion Learning Space (CLS) or via the Academia website. They can be used during and after a class, as a complement or as a refresher. To attend an instructor led class, please contact one of our Education Partners.
- To complement your training and reinforce your skills, review the topics that were covered in the course(s) and in particular those where you could improve, and practice as much as possible, especially on the topics included in the exam (refer to exam description).
- The more you practice, the better. In order to get ready to take a real exam, sample exams are available online. They are meant to give you a better understanding of the exam and question formats. They also give you the opportunity to get familiar with the steps to start an exam. These sample exams are free and accessible anytime via the same platform as the real exams.
Taking an Exam
The exams are delivered online at one of our Authorized Certification Centers in a proctored environment. To book an exam, contact one of our Dassault Systèmes Authorized Certification Centers close to your location.
- Public centers are run by our Education Partners and open to anybody.
- Private centers are Academic Certification Centers, only open to the school or university's students.
If you are a student you should also ask your professor whether your university or school has a Dassault Systèmes Academic Certification Center where you can take the exams.
Validating Your Certification
After you successfully pass the exam(s) needed to certify, you can access your digital certificate in your user account. Digital certificates are secured. Each certificate shows a unique identifier and QR code that allow you to authenticate your certification online (Icon 'Validate Certificate' in the menu bar). In addition, you also receive an digital logo that you can use to promote your certification. This logo is also stored in your account.