3DEXPERIENCE - CATIA Mechanical Design Essentials
The 3DEXPERIENCE - CATIA Mechanical Design Essentials certification validates the core knowledge and skills required for entry-level Mechanical Design positions with 3DEXPERIENCE CATIA and opens doors to a promising career. It is your first step towards more advanced certification and will help you stand out from the crowd in entry-level positions.
Certified 3DEXPERIENCE - CATIA Associate
As a 'Certified 3DEXPERIENCE - CATIA Associate' you have proven your knowledge and skills with CATIA fundamental modeling techniques after initial training and between one to six months of regular practice using CATIA Mechanical Design core products (Part Design, Assembly Design, and Drafting).
The 3DEXPERIENCE - CATIA Mechanical Design Essentials exam proposes hands-on challenges based on industrial use cases that will require you to design, modify and analyze parts and assemblies. Fundamental understanding of design intent and drafting principles is assessed in multiple-choice questions (click on the grey bar for more information).
Getting certified requires serious preparation. In order to get ready for an exam, we recommend you to go through the following steps
- Get trained on the course(s) as specified in the recommended learning path (see picture) and in the exam description. The courses are available online via Companion Learning Space (CLS) or via the Academia website. They can be used during and after a class, as a complement or as a refresher. To attend an instructor led class, please contact one of our Education Partners.
- To complement your training and reinforce your skills, review the topics that were covered in the course(s) and in particular those where you could improve, and practice as much as possible, especially on the topics included in the exam (refer to exam description).
- The more you practice, the better. In order to get ready to take a real exam, sample exams are available online. They are meant to give you a better understanding of the exam and question formats. They also give you the opportunity to get familiar with the steps to start an exam. These sample exams are free and accessible anytime via the same platform as the real exams.
Taking an Exam
The exams are delivered online at one of our Authorized Certification Centers in a proctored environment. To book an exam, contact one of our Dassault Systèmes Authorized Certification Centers close to your location.
- Public centers are run by our Education Partners and open to anybody.
- Private centers are Academic Certification Centers, only open to the school or university's students.
If you are a student you should also ask your professor whether your university or school has a Dassault Systèmes Academic Certification Center where you can take the exams.
Validating Your Certification
After you successfully pass the exam(s) needed to certify, you can access your digital certificate in your user account. Digital certificates are secured. Each certificate shows a unique identifier and QR code that allow you to authenticate your certification online (Icon 'Validate Certificate' in the menu bar). In addition, you also receive an digital logo that you can use to promote your certification. This logo is also stored in your account.