Suresnes, France, September 23, 2008- Dassault Systèmes (DS) (Nasdaq: DASTY; Euronext Paris: #13065, DSY.PA), a world leader in 3D and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions, today announced the availability of its PLM portfolio Version 5 Release 19, comprised of the CATIA, DELMIA, SIMULIA, ENOVIA and 3DVIA brands. V5R19 offers increased engineering excellence, expanding PLM deeper into production cycles, accelerating PLM adoption for mid-size companies, broadening IP lifecycle management and further integrating within the enterprise ecosystem.
“This release shows our continuous commitment to further developing V5. It includes massive technology enhancements across the full spectrum of our solutions,” says Dominique Florack, senior executive vice president, Products - R&D, Dassault Systèmes. “V5R19 also significantly extends V5’s reach. For example, the extension of DELMIA into the production domain through our partnership with Rockwell Automation provides a unique integration between virtual product design and controls engineering. V5R19 represents a new step towards connecting traditional V5 IP creators with PLM 2.0 communities.”
Alfred Katzenbach, director of engineering-IT for Mercedes Benz and member of the ProStep iVIP Association board: “CATIA V5 R19 offers all German OEMs and Suppliers the opportunity to align on the same CATIA V5 release. This simplifies the way of collaboration and data exchange. New functionalities for the 3D Master processes allow a future-oriented paperless design process especially in Powertrain.”
V5R19 drives higher Engineering excellence
• In-context CATIA Composite Design: For optimizing the definition of large composites parts in context of mating sub-structures such as spars, ribs, and stringers, as well as the definition of plies in small parts or re-engineered metal parts.
• Shorten Industrialization phase with CATIA:
o New automatic filleting on surfaces: For preparing the manufacturing of plastic and molded parts in one operation.
o Wall thickness analysis: For reviewing the manufacturability of casting, forging and injection molding processes.
• Label Painting for plastic part design: For easy label creation and placement critical to the high tech and consumer goods industries.
• New simulation capabilities: For improved meshing of thin sections and new frictional contact feature with CATIA Analysis.
• Better deployment of integrated design/analysis solutions: For advanced Abaqus non linear analysis made available directly in CATIA.
• CATIA Terrain Modeling: For modeling construction in-situ, earthwork engineering, planning and foundation engineering.
V5R19 extends PLM further into Production
• Shop Floor Work Instruction Composer: Combines the Manufacturing hub and 3DVIA Composer for the creation and maintenance of shop floor work instructions. With these configuration managed work instructions being sent to the shop floor, workers always have the most up-to-date information.
• Virtual Control Programming in partnership with Rockwell Automation: Unique integration between mechanical design and production controls engineering. Realized at the object level, this bi-directional integration allows mechanical and control engineers to be synchronized at all times accelerating production design and thus enabling earlier production starts. The joint solution integrates Rockwell software RSLogix 5000 control programming and configuration software with DELMIA Automation PLM software from Dassault Systemes.
• Extended Line balancing: Provides advanced balancing support for multiple product and process variants.
V5R19 accelerates PLM adoption for mid size companies
• DELMIA PLM Express General Assembly Planning and Simulation: Companies of all size can quickly create and validate general assembly process plans and generate shop floor work instructions. With V5R19 DELMIA PLM Express offers rapidly deployable solutions for Resource planning, Robotics, Ergonomics, Assembly planning and controls.
• ENOVIA SmarTeam: Provides BOM navigation and collaboration with 3DLive, improved web performance, greater supply chain and Multi-CAD collaboration, as well as simplified deployment, packaging and usability of Express solutions.
V5R19 broadens IP lifecycle management
• Flexible Component Modification Rights: For higher productivity and easier concurrent engineering, optimizing 3D collaborative design and allowing fast design iterations.
• Enhanced contextual capture and save within VPM Navigator: Providing immersive experience for CATIA designers.
• Immersive Document and Configuration Management: More intuitive search and navigation, enhancing the management of non-CATIA documents, and offering advanced configuration options within the engineering desktop.
• Extended enterprise collaboration: Improved data sharing within the extended enterprise with enhancements to workpackage usability and partial replication. Faster interference detection and resolution: Provides new ways for multi discipline collaboration to find, retrieve, and manage interference contexts in VPM Navigator while adding 64-bit support to the Clash Server.
V5R19 further integrates within the enterprise ecosystem
• Long-term Archiving: Long-term archiving strategies are further protected with the latest PROStep/PDES.inc recommended practices for the control of STEP transfers.
• SOA Openness: Through strategic industry and software development partnerships, V5R19 users benefit from a wide array of add-on applications providing a breadth and depth of process coverage and freedom of choice.
The Dassault Systèmes 2008 V6 and V5R19 announcements show its strong commitment to deliver cutting-edge PLM solutions to all customers. V5R19 is immediately available through DS and its VAR sales network. It also can be ordered through IBM and will ship to customers from September 29th, 2008.
For detailed V5R19 brand information, visit: http://www.3ds.com/products/v5r19/