SAN DIEGO — January 27, 2014 — Dassault Systèmes (Euronext Paris: #13065, DSY.PA), the 3DEXPERIENCE Company, world leader in 3D design software, 3D Digital Mock Up and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions, today opened its 16th Annual SOLIDWORKS World conference at the San Diego Convention Center in San Diego, California (USA). SOLIDWORKS World 2014 continues through Wednesday, January 29, 2014. Beginning today, partners, industry leaders and over 4,500 of the world’s most talented and innovative design and mechanical engineers will share their stories, explore new ideas and become inspired to take their projects to the next level.
In the Age of Experience, the world of design has changed: more social, more conceptual and collaboration is critical. SOLIDWORKS World 2014 will highlight customers who have used SOLIDWORKS design applications to open new horizons for design and business.
• Hugh Herr, the head of Biomechatronics Research at MIT’s Media Lab
• eatART Foundation, an education charity that fosters art research and energy awareness
• Bo-Dyn Bobsled Project, developer of the 2014 US Olympic bobsled
• Professors Max Lizarraga and Miranda Jerry of Mt. San Antonio College, where the Certified SolidWorks Associate certification test is the final exam
In addition, SOLIDWORKS World 2014 features presentations from customers who have been using the new SOLIDWORKS Mechanical Conceptual application on the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform since June 2013. Dassault Systèmes will demonstrate the SOLIDWORKS Mechanical Conceptual social design environment that advances conceptual design. With this new application, all stakeholders can quickly capture and develop their ideas digitally and engage their communities to create winning concepts.
Other highlights of SOLIDWORKS World 2014 include:
• Demonstrations of the recently launched SOLIDWORKS 2014 design portfolio, including 3D CAD, Simulation, Product Data Management, Technical Communication and Electrical Design, that furthers the ability of companies to design without limits
• Customer stories and products from industries ranging from manufacturing and medical instruments to consumer electronics and renewable energy
• Sessions showcasing modeling essentials, design automation, productivity applications and other topics designed to help users work faster and be more efficient;
• More than 200 in-depth technical training sessions, many of them hands on, covering topics such as “Sheet Metal for the Casual User,” “The Art of the Swoopy Part,” and “Electrical 3D – Harnessing;” and
• The Partner Pavilion, featuring more than 100 hardware and software vendors who work with SOLIDWORKS applications to deliver new business benefits.
“At SOLIDWORKS World we focus on showcasing amazing customers who epitomize the creativity and passion of the SOLIDWORKS community. This year we will also share a new application, Mechanical Conceptual, that will provide our users with the freedom to design the way they want, helping them quickly turn inspiration into reality,” said Bertrand Sicot, CEO, SOLIDWORKS, Dassault Systèmes. “I’m looking forward to showing off SOLIDWORKS Mechanical Conceptual and sharing how it has already transformed the conceptual design process.”
For more information about SOLIDWORKS World 2014, visit SOLIDWORKS website.
Video demonstrations of SOLIDWORKS Mechanical Conceptual are available at SOLIDWORKS blog.
For more information on SOLIDWORKS Mechanical Conceptual, please see the accompanying news release distributed today.
Dassault Systèmes, the 3DEXPERIENCE Company, is a catalyst for human progress. We provide business and people with collaborative 3D virtual environments to imagine sustainable innovations. By creating virtual twin experiences of the real world with our 3DEXPERIENCE platform and applications, our customers push the boundaries of innovation, learning and production to achieve a more sustainable world for patients, citizens, and consumers. Dassault Systèmes brings value to more than 300,000 customers of all sizes, in all industries, in more than 140 countries. For more information, visit https://www.3ds.com