CONCORD, Mass. & VÉLIZY-VILLACOUBLAY, France, September 13, 2010 – Dassault Systèmes (DS) (Euronext Paris: #13065, DSY.PA), a world leader in 3D and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions, today announced 3DVIA Mobile HD, a first-of-its-kind interactive 3D model viewer for the iPad. With 3DVIA Mobile HD for the iPad, users can access, view and interact with thousands of high-quality models hosted on the 3DVIA.com content warehouse with the swipe of a finger.
Unlike other 3D model viewers, 3DVIA Mobile HD allows users of most 3D modeling software packages to connect to 3DVIA.com and share their work on the iPad platform. Users follow a simple three-step process: create a free 3DVIA.com account, upload 3D assets to the site, then connect with 3DVIA Mobile HD to showcase assets on the iPad. 3DVIA.com accepts content in over 30 formats, including 3DXML, .dae (COLLADA), .3ds, .obj, IGES, STEP and .kmz. Select modeling applications from Dassault Systèmes, including 3DVIA Composer, SolidWorks and CATIA, now publish directly to 3DVIA.com, making the process even easier.
“Our success with the earlier 3DVIA Mobile application for the iPhone confirmed that users value instant access to high-quality 3D content on mobile devices,” said Lynne Wilson, CEO, 3DVIA, Dassault Systèmes. “3DVIA Mobile HD is an even better way to share rich product information with customers, prospects and partners. It delivers interactive 3D to your fingertips, and demonstrates the iPad’s potential as a business communication tool and platform.”
3DVIA Mobile HD retains the speed, fluid movement and easy-to-navigate interface of the iPhone app. However, 3DVIA Mobile HD was designed specifically to take advantage of the increased screen size and resolution of the iPad, making this a powerful 3D content demonstration tool.
Key features of 3DVIA Mobile HD:
• Interactive 3D viewer: pan, zoom and inspect models with intuitive iPad finger movements;
• Integrated 3DVIA 3D model search: search, download and view over 20,000 3D models published to 3DVIA.com;
• Compatibility with popular 3D formats: read and view 3D assets that you upload to 3DVIA.com in many popular formats, including .dae (COLLADA), .3ds, .obj, .iges, .step, .kmz, .3DXML, and many more;
• Save and export 2D renderings (images) to Facebook and e-mail;
• Private publishing on 3D models: restrict access to sensitive product information by publishing to your private account; and
• Interact with the 3DVIA.com community: comment on and rate 3D models from the iPad.
3DVIA Mobile HD for iPad is available on the App Store for a limited time at $1.99 USD. After this time, it will be available for $4.99 USD. For more information, visit http://www.3dvia.com/mobile/.
Dassault Systèmes, the 3DEXPERIENCE Company, is a catalyst for human progress. We provide business and people with collaborative virtual environments to imagine sustainable innovations. By creating 'virtual twin experiences’ of the real world with our 3DEXPERIENCE platform and applications, our customers push the boundaries of innovation, learning and production.
Dassault Systèmes’ 20,000 employees are bringing value to more than 290,000 customers of all sizes, in all industries, in more than 140 countries. For more information, visit https://www.3ds.com