Dassault Systèmes SE, a French corporate entity registered in the registry of commerce of Versailles under n° 322 306 440, located 10, Rue Marcel Dassault, 78140 Vélizy-Villacoublay, FRANCE, (hereinafter “3DS”) processes Personal Data (as defined below) in the course of its business, including the Personal Data of people browsing the websites of 3DS (the "Sites").
Personal data ("Personal Data") means any information relating to an identified or identifiable person. An identifiable person is a person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification number or to one or more factors specific to the person.
Non-Personal Data means any information that does not result in the identification of a person.
2. DATA COLLECTED
Personal Data likely includes:
- first and last name;
- postal address;
- email address;
- telephone number(s);
- login and password;
- university, degree and courses taken;
- type of organization (company, school, university, etc.), organization name, organization size, department and job title;
- industry and industry sub-industry sectors;
- delivery method and people to whom purchases must be shipped;
- financial data (credit card number and expiry date, name and address of the cardholder);
- IP address; and
- any other Personal Data as may be relevant for the purposes listed below.
In all cases, however, the Personal Data gathered is limited to data necessary for the purposes described in Article 4 below.
For visitors and users of the Sites: in order to use certain functions and features of the Site, 3DS requires that You provide certain Personal Data when visiting or using the Site. You are free to decide whether or not to provide all or part of Your Personal Data. However, if You choose not to provide all or part of this Personal Data, the purposes as described in Article 4 hereafter might not be achieved or not properly achieved, some areas and functions of the Sites may not function properly and/or You may be refused access to certain pages on the Site. In particular, You will not be authorized to purchase software licenses or other products or services via the Site.
3. PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA CONCERNING CHILDREN
However, certain 3DS products and services may be appropriate for use by children, and in that case children must seek consent from their parents prior to creating a 3DS account. Teachers and school administrators may act in the place of parents and provide consent for the collection of Personal Data from children (schools should always ensure that they have received permission from parents to do so).
If parents become aware that their child has provided 3DS with Personal Data without their consent or without a teacher’s or school administrator’s consent, they can ask 3DS to remove such Personal Data and terminate the child’s account by sending an email to: 3DS.Compliance-Privacy(at)3ds.com.
If 3DS becomes aware that it has collected Personal Data from a child under 13, 3DS will take steps to seek the parent’s consent for that processing or to remove such Personal Data and terminate the child’s account.
4. PURPOSES OF COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
As stated above, You provide Your Personal Data on a voluntary basis.
Personal Data is generally collected to carry out the business of 3DS, such as improving 3DS’s marketing and advertising efforts, better tailoring 3DS products and services to customers’ needs or complying with reporting obligations required by law, and similar activities.
3DS collects and uses Your Personal Data for the purpose of carrying out its business, in particular for the following purposes:
- To enable You to request and receive information on 3DS and 3DS products and services;
- To provide You with a personalized interactive use of the Sites;
- To ascertain Your requirements and interests and provide You with the most suitable products and/or services;
- To allow You to open and maintain an account in order to obtain specialized documentation and technical assistance;
- To access all the features and options offered by the Sites;
- To enable You to exchange with other users of the Sites;
- To enable You to enter a contest;
- To enable 3DS to manage surveys;
- To enable 3DS to manage its marketing activities;
- To enable 3DS to manage its business relationships: sales opportunities, commercial offers, purchasing, contracts, orders, invoices, etc.
- To provide You with commercial or support-type services;
- To enable You to purchase software licenses, or products or services, download software and/or register software licenses;
- To enable You to register for a seminar, webinar, or event;
- To enable 3DS to manage its Research & Development activities: developments requests, incidents, quality, tests, etc.;
- To process an employment application from You and manage the recruitment sources;
- To manage Your training and/or certification on 3DS products and services;
- To manage the 3DS Anti-Piracy & Compliance program; and
- Any other purposes associated with the purpose of carrying out the business of 3DS.
Subject to applicable local law, by providing Your e-mail address, You hereby expressly authorize, 3DS and its subsidiaries to use it together with other relevant Personal Data to send You commercial or marketing messages.
3DS might also use Your email address for administrative or other non-marketing purposes (for example, to notify You significant changes to the Sites).
- improve Your user experience through, for example:
- enabling a service to recognize your device so You don't have to give the same information several times during one task;
- recognizing that You may already have given a username and password so you don't need to do it for every web page requested;
- analyze traffic and data on the Sites to:
- measure how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and make sure there is enough capacity to ensure they are fast;
- help 3DS understand how users interact with services so 3DS can make them better.
3DS may also use third party service providers (such as Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Piwik, DART, LinkedIn, etc.) to perform services on its behalf, in particular to:
- analyze Your browsing habits and measure the Sites audience,
- analyze Your interests and offer You targeted marketing or advertising,
- allow You to share content from the Sites with other people on social networks or to let these other people know what You are looking at or what You think (e.g. the “Like” button on Facebook).
In such a case, web beacons and cookies provided by such third party vendors may be used and stored. By transmitting the information generated by these cookies, the cookies’ settings ensure that IP address is anonymized before geo-localization and before storage. Our providers will use this information for the evaluation of Your use of the Sites, compiling reports on the Sites activity for 3DS, to propose better services to You which are geared towards Your needs, and propose advertisements You which are geared towards Your needs. They will not associate Your IP address with any other data they hold.
When you browse the Sites, cookies are enabled by default and data may be read or stored locally on your device. You will be notified the first time You receive a cookie, and then You can decide whether to accept it or refuse it. By continuing to use the Sites, You expressly authorize 3DS to use such cookies.
You can also configure Your browser software to refuse all cookies (including cookies used for web analytics services); if You do so, however, some areas and features of the Sites may not function properly and/or You may not be able to access some parts or services of the Sites.
6. PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING AND STORAGE TERM
Processing of Personal Data includes using, storing, recording, transferring, adapting, summarizing, amending, reporting, sharing and destroying Personal Data as necessary under the circumstances or as otherwise required by law.
All Personal Data that is collected will be stored for a limited duration that is relevant for the purpose of such collection and only for so long as required by applicable law.
7. LINKS TO WEBSITES NOT CONTROLLED BY 3DS OR ITS SUBSIDIARIES
The Sites might offer links to third party websites which may be of interest to You.
3DS does not exercise any control over the content of third party websites or the practices of these third parties in connection with the protection of Personal Data that they might collect and are thus not in the control of 3DS. Consequently, 3DS declines all liability for the content of third party websites or the practices of these third parties concerning the protection of Personal Data.
It is therefore Your responsibility to inform yourself of the privacy policies of these third parties.
8. TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
Please note that 3DS may transfer Your Personal Data outside of the European Union, as long as before transferring Your Personal Data, 3DS has ascertained that non European Union entities, including 3DS’ affiliates and subsidiaries, offer an adequate level of protection in accordance with European legislation.
You will have the opportunity to decide whether You authorize 3DS to use Your Personal Data for a purpose which is different than the purpose for which it was originally collected.
3DS will also disclose Your Personal Data to third parties if 3DS determines that such disclosure is necessary for technical reasons (such as hosting services by a third party) or to protect 3DS’s legal interests (such as in the event of a sale of assets to a third company, or a change of control or a total or partial liquidation of 3DS).
Additionally, 3DS may share Your personal Data with the reseller assigned to You or in the territory where You are located for the purpose of Dassault Systèmes business. 3DS may also share Your Personal Data with business partners when 3DS and the business partner sponsor an event together or participate in a marketing promotion together and in which You engage.
3DS may also disclose Your Personal Data if required by law or if 3DS believes in good faith that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process (for example, a warrant, a subpoena, or other court order) or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of 3DS, our customers, or the public.
If allowed by applicable law, 3DS may also share Your Personal Data with third parties in order to offer You targeted marketing or advertising.
These transfers may be transmitted over the internet or by any other method which 3DS determines is appropriate and in accordance with applicable law.
9. RIGHT OF ACCESS TO AND RECTIFICATION OF THE DATA
You have a right to access Your Personal Data. In addition, You have a right to request the rectification, completion, update or erasure of Your Personal Data. You also have a right to obtain a copy of the Personal Data stored by 3DS.
If You have an account, You can exercise Your rights of access to and rectification of the Personal Data by logging on to Your account. Otherwise, You may exercise Your rights of access to and rectification of the data by sending an email to the following address: 3DS.Compliance-Privacy(at)3ds.com.
Depending on the scope of the request, 3DS reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee to cover any out-of-pocket costs incurred in connection with such access, modification and deletion of Personal Data. 3DS may deny access to Personal Data in limited circumstances, defined by applicable laws and regulations.
10. DATA SECURITY AND RECIPIENTS
3DS undertakes to ensure the protection and security of Personal Data that You choose to communicate, in order to ensure the confidentiality of Your Personal Data and prevent Your Personal Data from being distorted, damaged, destroyed or disclosed to unauthorized parties.
3DS maintains reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect Personal Data from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alternation and destruction. As part of those safeguards, 3DS employs sophisticated technology designed to protect Personal Data during its transmission and prevent transmission errors or unauthorized acts of third parties. However, while 3DS strives to protect Your Personal Data, in light of the inevitable risks of data transmission over the internet, 3DS can not guarantee full protection against any error occurring during the course of Personal Data transmission which is beyond 3DS' reasonable control.
Since all Personal Data is confidential, access is limited to employees, contractors and agents of 3DS or 3DS Group Companies who have a need to know such data in carrying out their tasks. All the people who have access to Your Personal Data are bound by a duty of confidentiality and subject to disciplinary actions and/or other sanctions if they fail to meet these obligations.
However, it is important for You to exercise caution to prevent unauthorized access to Your Personal Data. You are responsible for the confidentiality of Your password and information appearing on Your account. Consequently, You must ensure that You log out of Your session in the event of shared use of a computer.
11. DISPUTE RESOLUTION
Although 3DS has put in place reasonable safeguards to protect Personal Data, we recognize that there is no method of transmitting or storing Personal Data that is completely secure.
However, 3DS is committed to ensure the privacy of Personal Data: if You have a reason to believe that the security of Your Personal Data has been compromised or misused, You should contact 3DS via the following address: 3DS.Compliance-Privacy(at)3ds.com.
Unauthorized access to Personal Data or the improper use of Personal Data may constitute offenses under local law.