Innovation Comes to Life at Annual Dassault Systèmes North America Customer Conference
Johnson & Johnson, Bell Helicopter, KLA-Tencor and Other Industry Leaders Featured
LAS VEGAS – November 8, 2011 — Dassault Systèmes (Euronext Paris: #13065, DSY.PA), a world leader in 3D and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions, today announced that speakers from Johnson & Johnson, Bell Helicopter and KLA-Tencor will be among those taking the stage during Dassault Systèmes’ annual North America Customer Conference (DSCC), taking place November 8-10 at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas.
DSCC 2011 – Innovation in Life is dedicated to revealing how industry and technology leaders are using Dassault Systèmes 3D and PLM solutions, including the groundbreaking Version 6 technology, to innovate and develop new ideas, products and experiences in an immersive lifelike environment.
“Our technologies empower everyone from vehicle manufacturers, pharmaceutical companies and fashion designers to create virtual worlds and determine how their products interact with customers, the environment and life itself,” said Al Bunshaft, managing director, North America, Dassault Systèmes. “This enables the creation of better, more innovative products that more closely match up with consumer needs and expectations – exactly what we mean when we say ‘Innovation in Life.’”
In addition to demonstrations, case studies, presentations and interactions with companies that have already changed the world – or are planning to – DSCC 2011 will include the premiere of a documentary on the internationally-recognized Ice Dream project, where Dassault Systèmes’ 3D lifelike technology made it possible for engineer Georges Mougin to prove a decades-old theory of capturing and towing arctic icebergs to areas of the world in need of clean drinking water. For more on that project and the findings of the simulation, please visit the Ice Dream project website.
Additional highlights from the event include:
• Bernard Charlès, Dassault Systèmes’ president and CEO, will deliver a keynote on how 3D can help companies from any industry better understand and simulate how nature, life and their products can interact in harmony;
• Steve McCarthy, vice president, quality management systems – Medical Devices & Diagnostics, Johnson & Johnson, will review his company’s PLM strategy for minimizing risk to patients and improving design, compliance and traceability throughout the organization;
• Bennie Peek, vice president & CIO for Bell Helicopter, will discuss his experiences in transforming Bell’s business process and systems through Dassault Systèmes’ Version 6 solutions;
• Customers from a variety of industries, including Bausch & Lomb, Bombardier Commercial Aircraft, Dana Holding Corporation, Embraer, Fujitsu Network Communications, GUESS, MEDRAD, Parker Hannifin and Under Armour will share how they’ve successfully transformed new product innovation at their companies;
• Renowned innovation speaker Stephen Shapiro will relay to the audience how innovation only occurs when organizations bring together divergent points of view in an efficient manner;
• Francois Goisseaux of Human 1.0 will engage the audience on the topic of collaboration and tribes in social innovation; and
• Dr. Ashwin Ballal, vice president and CIO at KLA-Tencor, will share best practices on using 3D design and PLM solutions in the high tech industry.
DSCC attendees will also have the chance to experience two days of interactive exhibits and demos presented by Dassault Systèmes’ technology, solution and business partners in the Technology Showcase. Following the main event, there are three brand-specific conferences and forums being held on Thursday, November 10, 2011 at the same location: the DELMIA Industry Conference, the 3DVIA 3D Communication Strategy Forum and the ENOVIA Product Strategy Forum.
For real-time updates on news and happenings at DSCC 2011, please follow @3DSlive or search for #DSCC11 on Twitter.
About Dassault Systèmes
As a world leader in 3D and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions, Dassault Systèmes brings value to more than 130,000 customers in 80 countries. A pioneer in the 3D software market since 1981, Dassault Systèmes applications provide a 3D vision of the entire lifecycle of products from conception to maintenance to recycling. The Dassault Systèmes portfolio consists of CATIA for designing the virtual product - SolidWorks for 3D mechanical design - DELMIA for virtual production - SIMULIA for virtual testing - ENOVIA for global collaborative lifecycle management, EXALEAD for search-based applications and 3DVIA for online 3D lifelike experiences. For more information, visit http://www.3ds.com.
CATIA, DELMIA, ENOVIA, EXALEAD, SIMULIA, SolidWorks and 3D VIA are registered trademarks of Dassault Systèmes or its subsidiaries in the US and/or other countries.